Announcing the Axe-Fx II XL Plus

Kimmel's such a dufus. There's a gluten-free pizza place near me. I ain't had any of it, because there's cheese on it, too, and cheese is not paleo - or, more personally/specifically, I have mucous and don't shit when I eat dairy. Same with gluten in general, though wheat is the world-class criminal in this case. But I'm middle of the road. My cousin and her kid were seriously ill until they eliminated gluten from their diets.

Alternatively - I met a woman last year who said she was a paleo type, but when she was in Mexico didn't have that problem with their baked goods, and she figured it had to do with them not using irradiated fertilizer. Hmm. I'd love to eat wheat again, but I haven't bothered to follow it up, cos it ain't that much a thing.

I thought if you have Celiac you legit need to avoid gluten, but for everyone else 'gluten free' is just a fad people assume has a benefit but doesn't.

ok now im confused.. i bought xl about 2 months ago.. do i need to change it or can i keep it safely ?

keep it. curious why you think you may need to change it?

they simply ran out of a part to make new XL's exactly the old way. they made a new screen because the previous screens ran out.

Haha, Rex said it better than I could have. A to the T, your commentary is chock full of back handed compliments and contradictory statements...

LMFAO. Not true. There were no compliments around the subject matter. But there was one made to the very intelligent community.

.. implied disgusting motivations
Implied as necessary to market the product. Disgusting? Really?

you can't seem to figure out if you winkingly approve of or are crusading against.
You understood this correctly. This is true. I'm torn, because I love the product, the support, and the company. But it doesn't mean I have to love every little decision they make and what better place to display your opinion than a forum. Imagine that.

The hypothetical marketing swept idiot you are arguing on behalf of has the choice between an AxeFX II or an AxeFX IIXL+. Period. Users of the soon to be legacy XL will be glad they don't have to be counting screws, checking serial numbers, or navigating system menus to figure out their revision for the firmware they need.
Oh oh, I think your argument is falling apart here. Counting screws? Come on.... As mentioned, adding in a firmware check will prevent bricks. Yawn.

As mentioned, adding in a firmware check will prevent bricks.

doesn't fractal-bot do this already?

why are people arguing? there's a new model. what's to argue about? the name?

personally i think they should have called it the Axe-Fx II XL II.

then i could charge $35 an hour to consult everyone with questions about what model they have. OPPORTUNITY LOST. THANKS FAS....

The one thing I do wonder about is whether this could affect resale value later on - People may have the perception that due to the EOL thing, the XL screens may not be possible to fix (even though this isn't the case), potentially lowering resale value. I don't plan on selling for years anyway, so this won't affect me too much I guess. Pure pointless speculation on my part.

Which means that it will be impossible to ever release a new model without somebody dumping in their trousers. :)

And there was almost no difference in this model. When there's a proper update I'll need a whole new wardrobe.

LMFAO. Not true. There were no compliments around the subject matter. But there was one made to the very intelligent community.

Implied as necessary to market the product. Disgusting? Really?

You understood this correctly. This is true. I'm torn, because I love the product, the support, and the company. But it doesn't mean I have to love every little decision they make and what better place to display your opinion than a forum. Imagine that.

Oh oh, I think your argument is falling apart here. Counting screws? Come on.... As mentioned, adding in a firmware check will prevent bricks. Yawn.

How would you have handled it? The new LCD requires different firmware. There is already a check to prevent loading the wrong firmware. So how does the user know which firmware file to download and install? If it still says "XL" the phones are ringing all day with people saying they can't get the firmware to install.

How would you have handled it? The new LCD requires different firmware. There is already a check to prevent loading the wrong firmware. So how does the user know which firmware file to download and install? If it still says "XL" the phones are ringing all day with people saying they can't get the firmware to install.

People under estimate the amount of Not bright, "slow" and lazy people who are on the forum and are use these products.

No offense to the not bright or "slow" it is not your fault I know people just like you who are fantastic but just don't "get" stuff

It amazes me how many people criticizes everything Cliff does. We don't have to like it but I don't want him run off and staying away because all people do is nag, demand and complain. How may CEO's take an active part in their companies user forums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliff, do your thing. Don't engage this crap. He's being a bit of a jerk and he's loving the attention...now, he just got yours. Ain't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom