Announcing Rockin' Cabs, LLC - www.rockincabs.com

If you mean business, you need your site to be more easily visible on google.
Most people don’t go after the 2 first pages of results.
If you may not post a link, you can spell it or explain how to reach it without drinking all that wine.
Also maybe more informations about you and your business in your post could have been better. Just to add credibility and value. The less you tell the more you’re just a common dude in his bedroom.
Just to help.

You provide 1 IR to try. I tried and gave you my opinion.
If you want to increase the number of subjects in my sample for a more statistical analysis... ;-)

Peace :)

We are a new company an we don't register very highly on search results currently. However, I think everyone posting on this thread is savvy enough to locate our website if they chose to do so. We do have some YouTube demos and they are also available on our website. It is also stated clearly that on our website that our impulse pack is geared toward guitarists looking for a good variety pack, easy to use that gets some great tones out of their FRFR monitor. We aren't trying to compete with impulse producers offering packages more geared toward mixing and studio production. We offer a free sample and we offer our demos, if they aren't to your liking then thanks for your time and keep shopping around.

It seems rather unproductive to attempt to place some undue importance on our presence here. If you don't like us, that's fine. I'm not making any undue attempt at convincing anyone how to spend their money, or putting down any other impulse producers. I have purchased many impulse packs and owned many amp modelers myself. In reality, it is simply a matter of opinion and what works for any given player's style and needs. Is there some inherent value in purchasing impulse packs that have 30 or more impulses and a player ends up gravitating to 3 or 4 that really work for them? Same goes for modelers. If a modeler has 30 models in it and you end up mostly using 4 of them does that lessen it's inherent value?

My point is, for most players that's exactly what happens. They buy something, use what they like in it and are happy or not. Personally, I am quite happy when I find a few amp models I enjoy using regularly. That's what our goal is with our impulse pack - To offer a solid variety of tools that work with a cross-section of different style amp models in an easy to use, affordable package. If that doesn't resonate with you, then we understand. It seems odd that anyone should feel the need to bash a barely existent, new company such as ours for simply trying to gain some initial exposure. If our product doesn't interest you that is one thing but to actively engage in steering others away from considering us is rather transparent.

We are a new company an we don't register very highly on search results currently. However, I think everyone posting on this thread is savvy enough to locate our website if they chose to do so. We do have some YouTube demos and they are also available on our website. It is also stated clearly that on our website that our impulse pack is geared toward guitarists looking for a good variety pack, easy to use that gets some great tones out of their FRFR monitor. We aren't trying to compete with impulse producers offering packages more geared toward mixing and studio production. We offer a free sample and we offer our demos, if they aren't to your liking then thanks for your time and keep shopping around.

It seems rather unproductive to attempt to place some undue importance on our presence here. If you don't like us, that's fine. I'm not making any undue attempt at convincing anyone how to spend their money, or putting down any other impulse producers. I have purchased many impulse packs and owned many amp modelers myself. In reality, it is simply a matter of opinion and what works for any given player's style and needs. Is there some inherent value in purchasing impulse packs that have 30 or more impulses and a player ends up gravitating to 3 or 4 that really work for them? Same goes for modelers. If a modeler has 30 models in it and you end up mostly using 4 of them does that lessen it's inherent value?

My point is, for most players that's exactly what happens. They buy something, use what they like in it and are happy or not. Personally, I am quite happy when I find a few amp models I enjoy using regularly. That's what our goal is with our impulse pack - To offer a solid variety of tools that work with a cross-section of different style amp models in an easy to use, affordable package. If that doesn't resonate with you, then we understand. It seems odd that anyone should feel the need to bash a barely existent, new company such as ours for simply trying to gain some initial exposure. If our product doesn't interest you that is one thing but to actively engage in steering others away from considering us is rather transparent.

Sometimes in business it is better to not respond to each and every comment folks may make about you, it can come off a bit argumentative. I get the desire to defend oneself but it’s also counterproductive if viewed poorly. Sometimes it’s not what your saying buy how you say it that leaves the impression on potential customers.

Sometimes in business it is better to not respond to each and every comment folks may make about you, it can come off a bit argumentative. I get the desire to defend oneself but it’s also counterproductive if viewed poorly. Sometimes it’s not what your saying buy how you say it that leaves the impression on potential customers.
Agreed but there are some straight-up trolls on this board. Some comments can't go unchecked.

We've listened to your feedback and after more than 200 hours in development, we have produced one of the best sounding, innovative and useful impulse packs ever created. Our latest work represents the full realization of our vision of producing lively impulses, with an amp-like tone and feel but now with a completely flat frequency response. All of your model's tone controls will operate as normal from 0-10. Announcing the all-new Rockin' Cabs EPIC Pack!

Summary:

EPIC Pack: 40 speaker and dual "hybrid" speaker blends, each in 12 mic profiles plus "Studio A" multi-mic mix:

- 520 unique, individual impulses

- "Studio A" multi-mic mix of the entire package (40 impulses)

- All impulses equally meter-leveled

- Easy to use folder system, load by speaker type or mic type

- Easy to understand, compact labeling system that works with small modeler screens

- 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K sample rates

- Signature lively, amp-like tone and feel

- Speaker models that pair-up with every amp style

- Dual speaker blends for building custom 4 speaker, dual mic tones by using only 2 impulse blocks

- 520 close mic'ed impulses for your mixing projects

- 200ms, 24 Bit impulse format works with all modelers and loaders
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPIC Pack: We captured 10 of the industries best speakers (both British and U.S.) with 12 of the World's greatest microphones. We then built 30 of our "hybrid" dual speaker blends. The result is a massive 520 impulse library of both recognizable and completely new tones. Not whacky sounding new tones but solid, professional unique blends that make building powerful new sounds a breeze. With 12 mic profiles of 40 different speaker and dual speaker blends, the possibilities are truly endless. Our sound is right up there with the best in the business and our unique, signature tone and feel is totally addicting. This pack will get you playing more and with 520 unique impulses to try, the EPIC Pack will keep you exploring for a long time to come.

Key EPIC Pack Info:

"Core Speakers" - Celestion: G12C (80's), G12M Greenback, G12H Anniversary, Creamback 65 and Vintage 30. Eminence - Private Jack, Maverick, Governor and Eminence "for Fender". Plus a PMR hemp cone Alnico so all amp models can be properly matched to their proper speaker type if desired.

"Hybrids" - CR65/G12C, CR65/Hemp, Fend/CR65, Fend/Hemp, G12H/CR65, G12H/Hemp, G12M/CR65, G12M/Fend, G12M/G12C, G12M/G12H, G12M/GOV, G12M/Hemp, G12M/MAV, G12M/PJ, GOV/CR65, GOV/MAV, MAV/CR65, MAV/HEMP, PJ/CR65, PJ/GOV, PJ/MAV, V30/CR65, V30/FEND, V30/G12C, V30/G12H, V30/G12M, V30/GOV, V30/Hemp, V30/MAV, V30/PJ

"Microphones" - Condenser: 67, 84, 87, 414, 563, Tube ----- Dynamic: 57, 58, 421, 441 ----- Ribbon: 121, 160

"Studio A" - Multi-mic mix of all 40 speaker and hydrid blends. This is a mix of 57, 87, 121 and 563 microphones with "early reflections" added to the leading mic. It is intended as a great starting point for use in typical mixing scenarios and also sounds great for live monitoring. While there is no one-size-fits-all multi-mic mix, we are confident you will find our "Studio A" mix to be very useful and also serves as a good example of what is possible with EPIC Pack if you take the time to build multi-mic impulse blends.

The EPIC Pack is also a professionally assembled and easy to use package. We employ easy to understand, compact labeling of our impulse titles so they can be read on small screens like Line 6 HX Stomp and Atomic Amplifire. All 520 impulses are equally leveled for consistent performance. Our clever folder system allows you to load by speaker type or by microphone type so you can find exactly what you need and load in seconds. You get the entire package in 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96K sample rates.

All of this for only $40.00! That's the best price you find on a professional pack of this scope and sound quality anywhere.

We think you will be completely blown away by the EPIC Pack and we are offering an affordable and easy way to give it a real-world test drive: For a limited time, we are selling a 25 impulse EPIC Sampler for only $5.00.

The sampler contains a variety of our core speakers, hybrid speaker blends and mic profiles that will give you a solid idea if purchasing the full pack is right for you. Included are 5 impulses from our Studio A multi-mic mix. Plus, with a Sample Pack purchase you get a discount code for $10.00 off the full package. So, you really have nothing to lose. Our 25 impulse sample pack is an awesome deal and sounds great all by itself. Sample pack comes delivered in 2 sample rates, 44.1 and 48K which will work with virtually any modeler.

Fractal Audio forum exclusive introductory discount: We have loaded up 5 codes for a full $10.00 off the EPIC Pack. Enter code FRACTAL at checkout.

www.rockincabs.com

Last edited:
This is truly a bizarre thread. The info in the first post regarding the demo IR is pretty irrelevant at this point unless I'm missing something - I couldn't find a download link.

But what's even more bizarre to me is the methodology used to record the demo's for the IRs. Using a cabinet that is not even close to FRFR and recording from a position that very few people will ever be in relative to the cabinet makes no sense. And then using a mic that is far from transparent. That mic has a figure 8 polar pattern so you're picking up all sorts of other sound behind the mic. Why not just record the direct signal?

Reactions: BBN
This is truly a bizarre thread. The info in the first post regarding the demo IR is pretty irrelevant at this point unless I'm missing something - I couldn't find a download link.

But what's even more bizarre to me is the methodology used to record the demo's for the IRs. Using a cabinet that is not even close to FRFR and recording from a position that very few people will ever be in relative to the cabinet makes no sense. And then using a mic that is far from transparent. That mic has a figure 8 polar pattern so you're picking up all sorts of other sound behind the mic. Why not just record the direct signal?

We discontinued the free stuff. As far as why we do things the way we do, its by choice. Our users are very satisfied with our impulses and we offer one of the best deals around for the quality and content. 600 impulses for 30.00 all packaged up nice and easy to use. It's understandable that people like to stick with the tried and true but the players that have taken a chance with us don't regret it.

Guys, this thread is going nowhere. Maybe there is a language/ translation thing going on. Anyway. Rockin' cabs is a young company and maybe there is a bit to learn about communication skills. They got off on the wrong foot because one of the first comments /reviews wasn't to their liking. Of course they had hoped for something else, (who wouldn't if they had worked hard on a new product) Unfortunately instead of " letting it go" (like another person suggested) they went for the attack. Had the first review been a halleluja! then things would have gone differently. Then there was this thing about wine which I think is totally unnecessary the way that went. I think we should give rockin' cabs a break. They have a vision of a product, they want to sell it. let's bring this back to talk about the product. They have said they changed things on the basis of user comments. That is great, I think. So when they aren't bickering, they are listening to what is said and improving their product. Let's all focus on the progress that is made. I never buy IR packs. I get 100 options which I all have to go through while all I want is " the sound" I think I am the kind of customer they are going for. I buy presets. Gimme the 10 best sounds, not 100 options. I'd rather pick one of 10 than one of 100. (90% sounds the same to me anyway lol)
If rockin' cabs really is producing great IR's they will be around for a while. let's see what happens. There is room enough for a new player on the field. Let them give the competition a run for the money. It 's in all our benefit.
Go rockin' cabs!

Harm

I purchased weeks ago your sale was a real motivator! ......but just recently had time to try them out.

The cab sims are GREAT! ....I don't know how to accurately describe the differences ...dimensional?....but they definitely are different and Rockin!! 👍

Back
Top Bottom