ANNOUNCING PART 2: Axe-Fx Streaming Class with Cooper Carter

Well done Cooper- I watched this course off and on last Friday and learned a few tricks. You're a natural sitting in the instructor's seat.

Thank you very much for your efforts Cooper, I bought the first class, and managed to catch this one, but will buy this one as well, because you are really good at teaching and you make awesome presets as well ...

aside from being a guitar wiz that is ..

:)

great addition to the community .... knowledge is awesome

bought it.... baaammm :)

Last edited:
This has been far more useful than I expected and a real bargain considering the amount of stuff I learned.

My learning style has always been "show me" rather than "RTFM"

Now that the new software 18.0 is here, will this class be helpful or be confusing because of some of the changes made to software and user interface?

yeah I doubt it. I haven't dug into all the new settings yet. But its most likely that it doesn't effect that tutorial too much at all.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to address these concerns.

The short answer is that, yes, I honestly believe that this class is every bit as valid now firmware 18 is out. I say that not because I take any benefit from it. It's just true.

The long answer is that I have always maintained and advocated the same approach to the Axe-Fx: your ears are more important than numbers. My approach to these classes is to instruct in a way that is actually pretty immune to firmware changes because, to condense 14 hours into one sentence, the class presents approaches to dialing in sounds that are broadly applicable across the varied users watching. To suit the individual user, not to suit an exact value. So while there is a good amount of technicality, the classes more discuss and demonstrate an Axe-Fx "philosophy" that can be carried across firmwares (with, yes, a few minor changes, but ones that will end up making your Axe-Fx sound better given how much each firmware improves!)

Hi Cooper, apologies if this has been asked & answered, but in which order would you suggest purchasing & viewing your classes (Axe-FX Masterclass & Using the Axe-FX)? Interested from the perspective of a newbie awaiting his shipment of the Mark II & MFC.
Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to address these concerns.

The short answer is that, yes, I honestly believe that this class is every bit as valid now firmware 18 is out. I say that not because I take any benefit from it. It's just true.

But what about an update to the "Capturing IR's, using the new CAB LAB 3. Would be intresting to review how to capture IR's from and amp, then amp&cab, and how you can get an idea of how to use
the new CAB LAB and it's new features to modify IR's to work with a given set of speakers.

thx,
Loopie

Hi Cooper, apologies if this has been asked & answered, but in which order would you suggest purchasing & viewing your classes (Axe-FX Masterclass & Using the Axe-FX)? Interested from the perspective of a newbie awaiting his shipment of the Mark II & MFC.
Thanks!

Using the Axe-Fx is the introductory course.
The Master Class is more advanced.

But what about an update to the "Capturing IR's, using the new CAB LAB 3. Would be intresting to review how to capture IR's from and amp, then amp&cab, and how you can get an idea of how to use
the new CAB LAB and it's new features to modify IR's to work with a given set of speakers.

thx,
Loopie

I go over CabLab and capturing IRs in the second class. The methods are the same, just a newer software.

I just had a long, very long flight. And I spent part of it watching Cooper's Master Class again, which I bought and saved to disk.
Wealth of info, tips and tricks. Highly recommended for newbies and intermediates.

Back
Top Bottom