Announcing MFC-Edit - Official editor for the MFC-101

I use either Linux or Windows, depending on what I'm doing. Will I have to buy both versions, or will the same license code work for each?

Okay, paid and downloaded but where's this licence key?

Oops! Ignore me, just read the instructions.

Emailed :)

Last edited:
"Once your order is processed (within 1 business day) you will receive a download link via email."
- Yep, I got it in seconds.

"Your license code will be issued separately via email."
- I bought it on Thursday. Today is Saturday and no separate email yet, no code.

"You can still use the software while waiting for the license code."
- Unfortunately, it is not the case in my case. It said it expired right at the first time I started it.

Does it work for you guys without licence code? I run w7.

I need to send an e-mail. I was an early adopter, and happy to pay an upgrade fee, if that's offered.

So far, it seems to work for me on W7 (installed last night), but I understand there's a time limit on functionality (don't know how long) where it tilts if it doesn't see a valid license key.

That is f-ing hilarious, I actually laughed out loud from this...:lol
What is so hilarious?? Did you fart out a series of vowels from your bowels? See an old man trip and yell out awkward obscenities outside of your apartment window? Anyway, glad to see you had a good laugh.

Just purchased and I'm getting prompted for a license key. I installed the evaluation version a while back & didn't get around to purchasing the full package. How do I fix this? Is it something in the Registry that can be changed / deleted? Thanks!!:encouragement:

Last edited:
A one time investment? :eek:

Anyone who has paid for MFC-Edit does not have to pay for it again. We will be issuing you with a link, around mid-November where you can download the upgrade for free. If you have already purchased a license for MFC-Edit prior to the FAS release of it, you'll need to email me with all four of the following data:
  1. First Name (from the MFC-Edit Help->License dialog)
  2. Last Name (from the MFC-Edit Help->License dialog)
  3. Current license key (from the MFC-Edit Help->License dialog)
  4. Your Operating System (Mac, Windows, Linux)
Email that information to me with the words "New License" in the Subject line of the email.

I will generate a new license key for you that will register with the FAS-branded MFC-Edit. You will all receive an email when the link is ready for your download of the free upgrade. Please be patient because I have to do this procedure manually and there are hundreds of MFC-Edit users.

I am currently completing the auto-update feature of MFC-Edit so that updates will work exactly like they do in Fractal Bot.

Thanks for your support and patience.
-Gary

Thanks for a great working piece of software bwanagary. It works perfectly.
License key came after four hours.

Anyone who has paid for MFC-Edit does not have to pay for it again. We will be issuing you with a link, around mid-November where you can download the upgrade for free. If you have already purchased a license for MFC-Edit prior to the FAS release of it, you'll need to email me with all four of the following data:
  1. First Name (from the MFC-Edit Help->License dialog)
  2. Last Name (from the MFC-Edit Help->License dialog)
  3. Current license key (from the MFC-Edit Help->License dialog)
  4. Your Operating System (Mac, Windows, Linux)
Email that information to me with the words "New License" in the Subject line of the email.

I will generate a new license key for you that will register with the FAS-branded MFC-Edit. You will all receive an email when the link is ready for your download of the free upgrade. Please be patient because I have to do this procedure manually and there are hundreds of MFC-Edit users.

I am currently completing the auto-update feature of MFC-Edit so that updates will work exactly like they do in Fractal Bot.

Thanks for your support and patience.
-Gary

Thanks Gary. Patiently waiting for my Email from you. Awesome work.

Hi.

i'm trying to setup my MFC on its own, by using the MFC EDIT software, is this possible?
Or does it have to be connected to the AXE FX to do any edits?
I ask as i have the MFC connected to my PC VIA my M-Audio MIDI port USB, and i have the MFC powered by a 9V power supply, but all i seem to have here is all of the LED's lit up in RED, but nothing showing on the MFC's Display screen.

I just wanted to be able to use the MFC Edit software with the AXE FX XL NOT attached always, making it easier for me to just set up the MFC to be able to have Switches 1-10 as Presets.
Then Switches 11=15 as FX's on/off , and 16 as TAP TEMPO and 17 as Boost for solo.

Can this be done using MFC Edit alone wit my MFC, or does it always have to be connected to th XL, if so.. i'm confused as how to do so....

Many thanks for your time.
Davey.

FAS please fix your member registration/validation functions on your shop web site ..... it is crap.

Validation detects my email address as being previously used - but the password retrieval function does not detect the same email address and tells me to register again. Tried to register again and it detects email address as previously used and prompts me to use the password retrieval ...... groundhog day.

HI all
I have got version MFC 1.6 licensed, from 15.06.2014. How can I update to V 2.0?? Have I to buy it again? or what?? I wrote an email to Gary (bwanagary), but did not answer me. Thanks

free free freee .... its ok , but how can i upgrade it????? selfupdating from MFC is not funkcional...
MFC write: "In the latter part of November all existing MFC-Edit customers will receive an email containing a link to the latest Fractal Audio Systems edition of MFC-Edit."

I DONT get any link!!!

Last edited:
Hi.

i'm trying to setup my MFC on its own, by using the MFC EDIT software, is this possible?
Or does it have to be connected to the AXE FX to do any edits?
I ask as i have the MFC connected to my PC VIA my M-Audio MIDI port USB, and i have the MFC powered by a 9V power supply, but all i seem to have here is all of the LED's lit up in RED, but nothing showing on the MFC's Display screen.

I just wanted to be able to use the MFC Edit software with the AXE FX XL NOT attached always, making it easier for me to just set up the MFC to be able to have Switches 1-10 as Presets.
Then Switches 11=15 as FX's on/off , and 16 as TAP TEMPO and 17 as Boost for solo.

Can this be done using MFC Edit alone wit my MFC, or does it always have to be connected to th XL, if so.. i'm confused as how to do so....

Many thanks for your time.
Davey.
MFC-Edit - Getting Started

free free freee .... its ok , but how can i upgrade it????? selfupdating from MFC is not funkcional...
MFC write: "In the latter part of November all existing MFC-Edit customers will receive an email containing a link to the latest Fractal Audio Systems edition of MFC-Edit."

I DONT get any link!!!

Here is a hint "In the latter part of November" its only the beginning of the month.

How long should it take approx after the fractal email to get the email with the license key for mfc-edit? If more than 24hrs should i do/contact something/one?? tnx

I am still getting the same error - the application does not find Java, and when I go to install it from the link you provide, I get this error:

Java from Oracle requires Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later -- Your system has Mac OS X Version 10.10. This product can be installed on Version 10.7.3 or later.
Visit java.com/help for more information

Please advise - thank you.

Back
Top Bottom