Announcing Fractal-Bot 1.1

This is awesome, I'm happy to be a new owner of the AXE FX II and see the continual updates to support the gear.

If I might make one suggestion though.

As a new user, I found out about the update in the Axe FX II main discussion forum while reading a thread about people with preset issues sounding bad, and then couldn't find any update notes or why I would need to update from 1.0 on the main page for Fractal Bot (I didn't know there was a forum section for Fractal Bot) Not trying to complain, but it's a little confusing for someone new to the game.

I downloaded Fractal Bot 1.1 and the release notes only had this;

=================================================
Fractal-Bot 1.0 Release Notes:

* Apr-5-2013 - No known issues

Fractal-Bot 1.1 Release Notes:

* Apr-24-2013 - No known issues

I also read the manual included and it doesn't mention anything about the update either.

I found this thread here today and it states exactly what should be on the Fractal Bot download page IMO, and might I also suggest a direct link to this forum to help out us newbs :)

New features include:

•Transmit any valid SysEx file to your Axe-Fx II:
•Firmware Updates
•Preset Banks
•System Backups
•Individual Presets
•Individual Cabs

•Transmit Firmware Updates and Backup Files to you MFC-101

We recommend using Fractal-Bot for all transmissions to your Axe-Fx II. There are no known bugs.

The next major release is expected to include the capability to record SysEx files.

MFC-101 update from 2.15 to 2.16 via USB MIDI adapter fails with Fractal-Bot 1.1 with "Error 6" on the MFC, multiple tries - no joy. Updating with MIDI-OX worked on first attempt.

Full disclosure: MFC-101 powered via the CAT5 link from the Axe, not via wall wart PSU (manual "recommends" using the wall wart PSU but gives no rationale whatsoever).

The MFC bootloader that is required for a firmware upgrade is not accesible via the CAT5 port, only via the MIDI IN port.
Al, it's a physical limitation of the device architecture.
Well, the physical limit could be overiden : MFC can receive data from CAT5 port, so it can flash firmware when receiving data from it, just have to start a different bootloader with another button beeing pressed at startup ?

Great bot guys!

A suggestion: When uploading a preset to the Axe, wouldn't it be nice if there was a check box (or an option) to prevent the dialog box to pop up again and again for each preset. The dialog that says "the preset goes to the edit buffer and must be saved manually".

Back
Top Bottom