Announcing FM9 Turbo

Hi, the beginning of this thread said that the plan was to begin wait list invitations in august. Just wanted to know if that actually happened and are they beginning to ship again?

Thanks
They are ongoing both in US and Europe... They started as mentioned.

Hi, the beginning of this thread said that the plan was to begin wait list invitations in august. Just wanted to know if that actually happened and are they beginning to ship again?

Thanks
Yes they are shipping but only to those on the waitlist

This might sound slightly insane but if I have an FM9 in my hands and plugged into USB, how do I figure out if it's a Turbo?

This might sound slightly insane but if I have an FM9 in my hands and plugged into USB, how do I figure out if it's a Turbo?
Turn it on and watch the front panel when it's booting?

The only difference between the regular/original/old FM9 and the Turbo is the speed, so they treat it as if it's the same machine, but people want to be able to point at something proudly so they present it on the splash screen.

Can Output 2 be used as part of a send/return loop for an external drive pedal?

ie. with an XLR to TS cable?

Thanks.

They're in the process of reissuing invitations to those who got them but didn't respond previously. They'll clear that list out before they begin processing from where they stopped shipping after the virus hit.

As always, your best bet is to talk directly to sales@fractalaudio.com.
When did you get on the list?
I got on about 11 months ago. Fractal doesn’t give list updates but I’m curious when you sent your reservation.

thanks,
Sam L

When did you get on the list?
I got on about 11 months ago. Fractal doesn’t give list updates but I’m curious when you sent your reservation.
@Admin M@ gives “Now serving:” updates on the waitlist thread pretty often. Fractal doesn’t tell people where they are in relation to the list.

I was on the FM3 list and waited almost a year, was on the first wave of the FM9 after RSVPing about 4 hours in and waited a long time for that too, I want to say it was almost a year again. And I signed up for a FM9 Turbo the day they were announced, but that invitation probably won’t arrive for a long time.

Shortly after the FM9 was announced, Matt said the response was “unprecedented.” I’d say so since they’re still processing RSVP requests from very early on the list.

@Admin M@ gives “Now serving:” updates on the waitlist thread pretty often. Fractal doesn’t tell people where they are in relation to the list.

I was on the FM3 list and waited almost a year, was on the first wave of the FM9 after RSVPing about 4 hours in and waited a long time for that too, I want to say it was almost a year again. And I signed up for a FM9 Turbo the day they were announced, but that invitation probably won’t arrive for a long time.

Shortly after the FM9 was announced, Matt said the response was “unprecedented.” I’d say so since they’re still processing RSVP requests from very early on the list.
Yup. Nearly a full year since I put in my reservation.
I’m still using my Axe2 mk 1
It is exciting to know that Avery soon I’ll have the FM9 Turbo!

Just ordered with my very very old invite from when I couldn’t afford it. Thanks for the second chance, Fractal!

So I’ve had this for about a month, but haven’t been able to take it out of the box even yet.

The plan was to start migrating my live rig over to FM9 Turbo after tomorrow’s gig.

My band of six years broke up last night.

FML.

So I’ve had this for about a month, but haven’t been able to take it out of the box even yet.

The plan was to start migrating my live rig over to FM9 Turbo after tomorrow’s gig.

FML.
Good to hear you finally got rid of your sidemen. Time to put together the dream band!

Seriously, sorry to hear that, that sucks.

FML.

Bummer.
On the brighter side, now you can put together a better band!

Reactions: rog
That sucks... I've lead the same band since 1993. We've had more personnel changes than Spinal Tap!

I founded the band with our original drummer and the 2 of us were the constant core until 5 years ago. Now I'm the only original member but the other guitarist has been in the band for about 15 years now, the bass/stick player for 6+...

Back
Top Bottom