Announcing FM9 Turbo

I'd certainly be able to use the additional 10% on my FM9, no doubt, but I'm good with it as it is.

I also suspect that regular FM9 owners will get some additional CPU headroom going forward still as FAS will likely continue to refine and optimize things in general.

Congratulations on freeing the log-jam and being able to move more FM9 units into the wild. I bought one of the last available ones in late fall of last year and it's good to see they are finally available again.

Fantastic how do I go about getting a invite so I can enjoy this wonderful creation?
The waitlist instructions are on the FM9 page: https://shop.fractalaudio.com/fm9-amp-modeler-multi-fx-floor-unit/

AVAILABILITY: The FM9 is shipping to a first-come first-serve WAIT LIST. To be notified when an FM9 is available for you, please email waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject "FM9 Wait List". We will email you when your name comes to the top of the list.

Because there are many variables, we are not able to estimate how long the wait will be. We also cannot provide information regarding individual list member's position on the list. If you have any questions, please contact sales@fractalaudio.com

While you wait, check out the Axe-Fx III and FM3, both in stock now.

A NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: This waitlist is for the US and CANADA only. Customers in other regions should contact one of our global dealers.

Fractal Audio's FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor is now the FM9 Turbo, with 10+% more DSP power.

We created the Turbo to sidestep semiconductor supply chain issues, but we're confident that its superior price/performance ratio will be met with great enthusiasm.

The Turbo version allows more complex presets that would exceed the limits of the standard FM9. Aside from power, the two versions are identical.

FM9 Turbo will retail for $1699.99 in the USA and Canada.
Please contact your local Fractal Audio dealer for pricing in other regions.

We expect to resume waitlist invitations in the USA and Canada tomorrow (Aug 10, 2022)
A number of FM9 Turbo units is also expected to be available in Europe later this month.

FAQ
  • The FM9 Turbo does not use the larger footswitch displays of the FC Mark II products.
  • The Aug-2022 delivery to Europe will be all FM9 Turbo units.
  • All production going forward should be the "TURBO" variety barring unforeseeable circumstances.
  • If you're already on the waitlist there is no need to sign up again.
  • Existing FM9 units cannot be upgraded to Turbo.

View attachment 106295
AWESOME news!!

@Admin M@, I know you guys are slightly busy at the moment, but in the near future could @FractalAudio have someone update this graph to see where the FM3 and FM9 Turbo fit in? Specifically interested in an Axe II vs. the FM9 Turbo...

View attachment 106720
FM3 should be pretty much the same as the ax8, both have dual core 450MHz chips (even though the fm3 has a newer one with an ARM core and capable of 64 bit FP processing, don't know how that could influence the benchmark), so FM9 should be roughly double the ax8 and FM9 turbo double +11%.

It would look something like this..

View attachment 106724
But I want THEM to do it, it's so much prettier, can't you do it in 3-D? 😂 (But I do appreciate the effort!)

Actually, I'm MORE interested in whether the FM9 Turbo edges out the Axe II in processor power or not... I already know where it sits above, squarely between the FM3 and Axe III, more interested in the comparison to the legacy gear.

And in their benchmark data, WHAT is the 4 or 5 digit unit of measure, or is it strictly a relative ratio???

The NEW Axe III Turbo!!! NOW with 26,791!!! YAY! 26,791 WHAT? - Horsepower??? Volts? Amps? Megahertz? Gigawatts?

But I want THEM to do it, it's so much prettier, can't you do it in 3-D? 😂 (But I do appreciate the effort!)

Actually, I'm MORE interested in whether the FM9 Turbo edges out the Axe II in processor power or not... I already know where it sits above, squarely between the FM3 and Axe III, more interested in the comparison to the legacy gear.
Just eyeball it. Fm3 is a little more than AX8 and fm9 is quite a bit more powerful than the fx II. A prettier graph is not going to change that. It's just math.
poer chart 2.jpg

I was just teasing you about "pretty"... :tearsofjoy: Gee, no wonder you're "Pixel Pusher" - Nice work - All for my happiness? You're too kind! In fact, I don't even need an FM9 Turbo anymore, I'm completely content to just stare at this awesome graph!

(I will actually be thrilled if in fact the FM9 Turbo is truly equal or slightly more powerful than the Axe II, it's all I ever wanted, I don't play well enough to deserve better!)

Thanks @PixelPusher21!!!

I was just teasing you about "pretty"... :tearsofjoy: Gee, no wonder you're "Pixel Pusher" - Nice work - All for my happiness? You're too kind! In fact, I don't even need an FM9 Turbo anymore, I'm completely content to just stare at this awesome graph!

(I will actually be thrilled if in fact the FM9 Turbo is truly equal or slightly more powerful than the Axe II, it's all I ever wanted, I don't play well enough to deserve more!

Thanks @PixelPusher21!!!
Haha, I know, I was being snarky. I still had it open.. I am bored and was playing around a little with something else.

This assumes the 50% for FM9 and 25% for FM3 are literal. It's likely not perfectly 50/25 but should be close enough to give a general idea.

edited to add FM3
View attachment 106756
That looks awesome!! It's crazy as we progress over time if this is spot on - How people complaining the FM3 is not enough, though it blows the original Axe out of the water and pros left all of their gear for the original Axe way back when. Perspective, I guess...

That looks awesome!! It's crazy as we progress over time if this is spot on - How people complaining the FM3 is not enough, though it blows the original Axe out of the water and pros left all of their gear for the original Axe way back when. Perspective, I guess...
Just because an FM3 has more processing power than the AX8 or Standard or Ultra isn't directly relevant.

They are different generations and how much processing power is required to run something on one may be very different from the same thing on the FM3 (or FM9 or Axe Fx III).

Comparisons are mostly relevant within the same generation, like FM3 vs FM9.

Even then, it's not a direct comparison because each of the units takes advantage of differences in their individual architecture.

For example, the FM9 has 4 cores, and 3 of those are dedicated to running only certain parts of the processing (1 for Reverb, 1 for Delay, 1 for Amps) which makes certain presets more like 70-80% of what the Axe Fx III can do.

Yes, an FM3 can do a lot and can sound better than the previous generations, but I think the AX8 or Axe Fx Ultra could probably run "larger" presets...

Back
Top Bottom