Announcing FM9 Turbo

Where did you hear that? I do not think your assumption is correct.

As of today, the website still offers a waitlist on the FM9. In their most recent announcement, I believe they stated that if a person is already on the list, they do not need to take any further action or join any new lists. They will be notified when the FM9 and/or (most likely) the FM9 Turbo is available for them to purchase.

With supply chain issues, that can go beyond DSP's, there could be future issues. Once this waitlist is satisfied, there could also be a new waitlist for the FM9 Turbo. Simple enough, just go to the website and follow what it says. IMO, it would be best to get on the list ASAP if you have not already done so.

That's a great tip didn't even think of that one! Solves my dilemma, thanks. Still of course more blocks wouldn't hurt if they update 😄
Can more blocks be added from a simple update or does it require a hardware change? Could the FM9 Turbo at some point get more blocks?

Am I correct in assuming that the waitlist is no longer being used, and that once it is worked through, the product will be generally available on the Fractal shop?
You are not correct. There seems to be some questions on whether people who chose not to purchase when they were in stock are able to use those invites but other than that, what we do know is that they are using the same list, people who got their invites when they ran out of stock are at the front of the line and everyone else is holding the same place they were in before.

I assumed. It doesn’t show as a product for sale on their website. How would anyone outside the forum know about this product?

I don’t run the company, but if I did I would want the product available through the website and normal sales channels, not some spreadsheet

If inventory is going to come in in small dribbles I guess this is the only real way to handle it and not get flooded with requests that they cannot handle

I got on the waitlist on may 1st (harold in pain face) hahah.... Will lower my expectations 😥😁, didn't know it went back to august 2021 , crazy

I assumed. It doesn’t show as a product for sale on their website. How would anyone outside the forum know about this product?

I don’t run the company, but if I did I would want the product available through the website and normal sales channels, not some spreadsheet

If inventory is going to come in in small dribbles I guess this is the only real way to handle it and not get flooded with requests that they cannot handle

They're fulfilling waitlist orders going back quite some time. There's no shortage of people ready to buy a unit.

The website will likely get updated in the near future. The FM9 is on their site so it is really a non-issue. If someone doesn't know about the Turbo version, they don't know, what they don't know. Either way, they will be notified when they are able to purchase and which products are available to them. Fractals plan is also likely to move all the regular FM9's before putting the Turbo on the website. If they did that, most people would only want the Turbo model. For $100 more, its a no-brainer. In a month, you will likely only see the Turbo FM9 on their website. Also, my final thought is that most anyone who is serious about guitar will find this forum. It only takes a simple search. In fact multiple links to this forum are clearly provided on their website. I really wouldn't worry about it. Demand is not an issue Fractal has right know- quite the opposite (supply.)

I was just making an inference from the lack of product information on their website and the continued use of the waitlist that the new turbo model still hasn’t addressed the supply of units.

I’m just curious that is all

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/fm9-amp-modeler-multi-fx-floor-unit/

Availability: See below for details

I was just making an inference from the lack of product information on their website and the continued use of the waitlist that the new turbo model still hasn’t addressed the supply of units.

I’m just curious that is all
I guess I am just not following you. They have a severe shortage that is finally improving. They are taking things slow. I think they are going about it the right way now. They are offering a waitlist. Once all the FM9's are gone (very soon), they will put the Turbo model on the site. It will likely have a new waitlist. Supply chain issues are very challenging these days. I think by including a waitlist, you can naturally infer that there is a supply issue. Again, I don't really get what you are saying. Just get, or stay on the list if you want one.

I guess I am just not following you. They have a severe shortage that is finally improving. They are taking things slow. I think they are going about it the right way now. They are offering a waitlist. Once all the FM9's are gone (very soon), they will put the Turbo model on the site. It will likely have a new waitlist. Supply chain issues are very challenging these days. I think by including a waitlist, you can naturally infer that there is a supply issue. Again, I don't really get what you are saying. Just get, or stay on the list if you want one.
See post above

They're currently trying to fulfill wait list requests with Turbos as those depend on DSPs available, regular FM9s still can't be delivered. In order to reduce risk in the future they'll surely offer both models at the same time hoping that at least one can be supplied.

"Expansive" or "expensive"?

The only difference in the FM9 Turbo is the processing speed and it's $100 more expensive.

Nope, the number of available pitch shifter blocks is the same, and the preset names have not changed, either in their length or the size of the scribble strips.

I meant more expensive. Automatic speller changed it. Thanks.
European price is 2349 euro.

Last edited:
What time zone are you in and what time of day did you get your Waitlist Confirmation email on 8/28? I'm 8/28 as well, just trying to gauge where I am in line roughly. I know this is imprecise and there are a lot of people NOT on this forum who are on the waitlist blah, blah blah.

Back
Top Bottom