Announcing FM9 Turbo

It says on the original email that the link has no expiration on it, and M confirmed in this thread existing invites for the fm9 will still apply for the turbo version.

I ordered about an hour ago using the invitation link I was originally sent on 10/21/2021 and everything appears to have gone through
EXACTLY!!!!!

Congrats for winning this supply chain battle that is a pita all over the place !
Any chance that the turbo will be able to run 2 synths blocks ?

Congrats for winning this supply chain battle that is a pita all over the place !
Any chance that the turbo will be able to run 2 synths blocks ?
You still have a the same blocks available.. So if you had 1 synth block available before, you still only have 1 synth block available.. when they say you might be able to do more they just mean if you were running out of cpu with that extra distortion, you might be able to add that drive block in now.

I don’t want to be negative but I think 10% is not enough for people who already have the FM9 to upgrade. For people on the waiting list this is good news though.

Is the TURBO more extra expansive than the standard?

I was hoping for an added pitch shifter block and larger size preset names.

I don’t want to be negative but I think 10% is not enough for people who already have the FM9 to upgrade. For people on the waiting list this is good news though.

Only reason it's turbo in the first place is to obtain more readily available chips. Just think of it as a nice addition.

I wouldn't expect FAS is trying to get many current FM9 owners to make the switch so much as they're trying to get more FM9s into the hands of new users. I got my FM9 last November and I'm not remotely tempted to get on another list for a 10% bump in processing power. If I want more power I'll get an Axe III, or a IV when those come along. I'm a happy FM9 user.

You still have a the same blocks available.. So if you had 1 synth block available before, you still only have 1 synth block available.. when they say you might be able to do more they just mean if you were running out of cpu with that extra distortion, you might be able to add that drive block in now.
I know...but as long as there is hope ;-)

Nice! Add the larger mini-displays like on the Mark II foot controllers and this would be the perfect product.

I'm in this camp too !!

I'm high on the list @G66, but might bail due to the small displays on the FM9, as I have a hard time reading the LED strips when standing on my FM3, FC6 mk I and FC12 mk I.
The FC's and one of my FM3's are new in box for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom