Announcing FM9 Turbo

Is it dumb to get a FM9 when I have a Axe Fx III? Probably.

Is that going to stop me? Probably not.
I have the axe3 at home with an fc12, fm3 and fc6 on a board for rehearsals and gigs. FM9 will probably replace the fm3 and will keep the rest.... Who knows, I'm a fractal hoarder. Tempted to do FM9 with FC6 for my board.... Too many choices..... Really looking forward to the g66 shipment turning up, hopefully I'm early enough up the list to still snag one, if not I'll hopefully have a new firmware for the fm3 to play with "soon" 🥲

From the FAQ:
It uses two 500MHz processors versus two 450MHz processors in the original version.
It's not as if you would get an updated pair of those 1Ghz DSP's now. (Maybe next year though if it suits well the floorboard form factor and they don't need fans? :p) so I see it as a great news for those on the waiting list and also for new users, but if I had an FM9 I'd probably keep it.
Time to look at the second hand market again LOL

I got an invite in Oct and didn’t have the cash, I do now and I appreciate that folks that didn’t purchase with get another invite.. well done Fractal!

I got an FM9 fairly early. What’s my best option for getting a Turbo? I was already on the list so I can’t get on it again…I don’t think?

Because I know someone will be curious, my plan is to get a Turbo and sell my standard through this forum (for less than retail—scalpers suck).

I wanted to add that I didn't have enough CUP for was a compressor and an EQ.
Depending on how much CPU you are using currently, you might want to revisit adding them. An EQ is very lightweight and different compressors use different amounts of CPU so experiment because the engineers are always optimizing and adding new types. You might also be able to take advantage of the EQ in the Amp, Cab or other blocks and not even need to add a separate block.

Well, I have mixed feelings I guess. I remember that I bought my FX8 minutes after it was released and I felt super happy until they announced version 2 who had improvements I wanted. I never upgraded but always wanted, now I'm in the same position. But now I'm thinking, maybe they will release next year the FM9 Turbo II, with the larger scribble strips, 25+% more DSP power and hopefully other new features.
So, all in all I think I'm gonna wait a little longer...

Fractal Audio's FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor is now the FM9 Turbo, with 10+% more DSP power.

We created the Turbo to sidestep semiconductor supply chain issues, but we're confident that its superior price/performance ratio will be met with great enthusiasm.

The Turbo version allows more complex presets that would exceed the limits of the standard FM9. Aside from power, the two versions are identical.

FM9 Turbo will retail for $1699.99 in the USA and Canada.
Please contact your local Fractal Audio dealer for pricing in other regions.

We expect to resume waitlist invitations in the USA and Canada tomorrow (Aug 10, 2022)
A number of FM9 Turbo units is also expected to be available in Europe later this month.

FAQ
  • The FM9 Turbo does not use the larger footswitch displays of the FC Mark II products.
  • The Aug-2022 delivery to Europe will be all FM9 Turbo units.
  • All production going forward should be the "TURBO" variety barring unforeseeable circumstances.
  • If you're already on the waitlist there is no need to sign up again.
  • Existing FM9 units cannot be upgraded to Turbo.

View attachment 106295

Will existing wait-listers receive a notification via email?

:)

I'm 8/30…
Looking at the numbers I was tracking, you are two days beyond where they stopped previously. They had improved processing the invitation list to about 15 minutes/day, so we’ll see how things look after they’ve started invitations again.

There are a lot of unknowns and the information is only as good as what we’re told by people when they sent in their initial RSVP and then got their invitation.

@Admin M@ - Do you know if the same firmware will run on both FM9 and FM9 Turbo?
Yes, it will. Everything is the same except that the processor runs faster.

The Turbo version allows more complex presets that would exceed the limits of the standard FM9. Aside from power, the two versions are identical.

And, no, it’s not an over-clocked chip. Fractal don’t play that.

Any thoughts on what time invitations will start ? Traveling tomorrow don’t want to constantly keep checking my phone
im sure my wife will understand when we have to make an emergency stop to order the FM9

Any thoughts on what time invitations will start ? Traveling tomorrow don’t want to constantly keep checking my phone
im sure my wife will understand when we have to make an emergency stop to order the FM9
The invitations don’t expire, and you can easily process them via your cell phone.

When my FM3 invitation arrived I was in Guaymas, Mexico, on vacation. I had it paid for within a few minutes, FAS put a hold on it because the IP address was from Mexico and my bank is in the U.S. and they were protecting my card. Sales and I chatted back and forth via email a couple times and they cleared the shipment and it was waiting for me when I got home.

Back
Top Bottom