Announcing FC-6 Mark II and FC-12 Mark II

I am thinking of getting an FC-12 MKII. I have some questions.

1. Can you use an FC-12mkII with an original Axe FXIII?
2. Can you use an original FC-12 and an FC-12 MKII together at the same time as an FC-24?
3. Is the overall size of the unit the exact same as the original FC-12 (just with bigger LEDS)?

1. Can you use an FC-12mkII with an original Axe FXIII?
2. Can you use an original FC-12 and an FC-12 MKII together at the same time as an FC-24?
3. Is the overall size of the unit the exact same as the original FC-12 (just with bigger LEDS)?
Yes. Yes. Yes.

I love my new FC-12, the larger display is music to my aging eyes. I'm not sure I've ever seen one piece of hardware solve so many important issues. So glad I ponied up for both the 12 and the new version. The pain of underbuying lasts long after the pain of spending the money wanes. Some of the best dough I've ever spent.

I read that you need an AC adapter for the second FC-12 if you were daisy chaining two of them.
Does the FC-12 MKII come with an AC adapter?

Thanks for the info! Just ordered an FC-12 MKII.

My old MFC-101 came with an AC-adapter. Will that work to power the original FC-12 if I want to daisy chain that with the new FC-12MKII?

My old MFC-101 came with an AC-adapter. Will that work to power the original FC-12 if I want to daisy chain that with the new FC-12MKII?
Check the specs on the FC-12 and compare with the power supply.

The MFC adapter is AC, if I remember correctly. I think the FC-12 uses a DC supply.

Maybe.

I use a 'OneSpot' that was in my drawer from my stompbox pedals days....

Is it 9-12V DC and at least 1A current?

Last edited:
I just checked and the MFC-101 adapter is 9VAC 1000mA, so that will NOT work. I am glad I asked.

You'd think Fractal would include the right adapter or sell them on their website. I didn't see any for sale on their website.

Would this One Spot work?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1Spot9v--truetone-1-spot-slim-9v-dc-adapter
They don't provide them because the first FC gets power from the modeler. Since most people have only 1 FC the power supply would be useless to most purchasers and it adds to the cost.

At least, that's my thinking...

They don't provide them because the first FC gets power from the modeler. Since most people have only 1 FC the power supply would be useless to most purchasers and it adds to the cost.

At least, that's my thinking...
And, if they offered it for sale on their site, it'd be a third-party item, not specific to Fractal, that they'd have to source, stock, and support. Doesn't sound like it would be worth their trouble for a very small number of people that would need a PS for an additional FC, that don't already have one on-hand.

And, if they offered it for sale on their site, it'd be a third-party item, not specific to Fractal, that they'd have to source, stock, and support. Doesn't sound like it would be worth their trouble for a very small number of people that would need a PS for an additional FC, that don't already have one on-hand.
Well, they did sell a PS for the MFC-101 at one point and also (I think) FASlink cables (which are just XLR cables)... So I could still see that being in the online store.

Well, they did sell a PS for the MFC-101 at one point and also (I think) FASlink cables (which are just XLR cables)... So I could still see that being in the online store.
Good points. Didn't the MFC-101 require a power supply? Maybe it was also powered by the Axe-FX, I can't recall.

Good points. Didn't the MFC-101 require a power supply? Maybe it was also powered by the Axe-FX, I can't recall.
It could be powered by EtherCon or FASlink (v1) depending on the generation. I'm not sure if the mkI could.

But they also included a PS with purchase. Maybe because it was a also a generic midi controller and not an "Axe Fx extension", which is really what the FCs are.

FC-12 MKII was delivered last week, and it truly is an amazing piece of kit. I was on the fence about spending the money, but the bigger screens sold me on it and I regret nothing. Thank you!

It could be powered by EtherCon or FASlink (v1) depending on the generation. I'm not sure if the mkI could.

But they also included a PS with purchase. Maybe because it was a also a generic midi controller and not an "Axe Fx extension", which is really what the FCs are.
Ah, that's sounding familiar. I just checked - I sold my MFC-101 in March of 2017 and my listing even said "includes power supply". .
5 years gone by, so that explains why I couldn't remember. ;-]

Just got a FC-12 MKII to replace a MKI FC-6. I was really dissatisfied with the MKI screen size and felt that it didn't live up to the quality that I have come to expect from Fractal. The MKII is now a product that stands up to the high bar set by FA! Bravo

Back
Top Bottom