Announcing FC-6 Mark II and FC-12 Mark II

....I like both. I'm planning to get one for live and one for studio :sweatsmile:

View attachment 97258
Me too! I think I'll keep my MK1 FC12 and use that as a spare and use the MKII FC12 for Rehearsals/gigging. I'll end up selling my FC6 no doubt as I'm using my FC12 a lot these days and prefer it!

Just had my eyes tested recently and had to update my prescription. Hasn't change much but I thought I should update my glasses as its been about 7 years! ( Yes I know that's bad but I just never got round to it lol)

If I can get away without wearing my glasses then I'll be really happy lol.

Kind of wish they made it this way from the start, but perhaps that component wasn't available at the time.
I have to get an FM3 shortly as I have a couple of larger gigs overseas that I am playing at and want to take that with me. I was kind of worried that they would make some changes or updates to it but from the post by fractal admin, it looks like it will be a bit before that happens.

Regardless, always exciting to see new gear from Fractal!

Last edited:
I did not see that. I have not checked the Axe Fx III section since I sold it and only have the FM9 and FM3. I would assume the darkmode will port to them as well???
I would expect so, as they merge the new changes to AF3 into the other models.

Would still love to see larger font available on the Mk1 so some of us don’t have to go through the hassle of selling and rebuying.

Thanks for the reply, so the entire piece of LCD is not active? Interesting, never would have guessed that. I suppose I will have to upgrade at some point
That is how the old-school LCD displays have been since the '70s, when they were the new, fancy screens on calculators and watches, replacing the dated, old red LED or VF display. The screen includes some inactive area around where the active pixels are.

Are these screens tied to a particular number of characters, or can you do anything in terms of graphics with them? Also, does anyone have a photo of what the new screens look like in the inverted mode? I only ask because when I tried it with my Mark I, there was lots of white space around the pixel area.

Is that the only difference? This is pretty cool. I color code everything tho so I don’t even need to read most of the time. Good to know I can get one of my eyesight gets any worse.

Back
Top Bottom