Announcing FC-6 Mark II and FC-12 Mark II

By the way, speaking of shipping with reverb. My local post office told me the Reverb labels are only suitable for shipping books and learning CDs. They were initially developed to allow shipments of books and CDs to promote reading, not for musical equipment. They lose money on these labels, so they are now auditing the shipments. If they find anything else but books or CD's, they will charge the person receiving the shipment the full/actual shipping cost. I have tried to contact reverb about this, but no answer. Caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware)

Got my Mk II last night. Just sitting down to start putting together and organizing sounds for this week's gigs.

275119983_10160131771112425_1044347987759023206_n.jpg

Got my Mk II last night. Just sitting down to start putting together and organizing sounds for this week's gigs.

275119983_10160131771112425_1044347987759023206_n.jpg
Can read most of the mini displays in the tiny pic on my phone screen without zooming in. Bodes well for being able to read them on the floor while standing....

just ordered an fc12. i have bad eyes so this will be great! one of the few things i missed from the helix was the larger displays for the buttons.

With this new revision, is the possibility of switching individual screens off something that might be enabled in a future firmware, or is this still not possible?

I got my FC12 mk2 today (Monday), but won’t have time to even unbox it before Wednesday.:cry:
Got a chance to unpack and connect after all. What a difference for visibility! Thanks much, FAS!

BTW: The strangeness on the main screen cleared-up after a restart.

Attachments

• 20220308_103531.jpg
    20220308_103531.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
With this new revision, is the possibility of switching individual screens off something that might be enabled in a future firmware, or is this still not possible?
What do you mean by switching them off? Globally? If you use the Per-Preset layout you can choose which ones you want to use for each preset and have them assigned or not.

Man did I get lucky. Caught the announcement within an hour of posting. Ordered the MKII, listed my MKI on eBay, sold within hours. Packed it up and shipped the next day. Day after that the MKII arrived. Literally no down time and only cost me $150+tax & shipping to upgrade, sa-weeeet!

What do you mean by switching them off? Globally? If you use the Per-Preset layout you can choose which ones you want to use for each preset and have them assigned or not.

I mean the ability to switch the LCD screens off individually - so they are actually off, not just blank - like the current "unassigned" option for the coloured LEDs.

I've been using a controller that does this since 2015, and find it immensely useful for visually decluttering live presets. For example, if I have a patch with only 3 specific sounds in it, only those screens light up. I don't have to have 9 (now larger!) other LCD screens fighting for my attention when they add nothing to the current preset other than distraction. It just makes things easier to see immediately. :)

I mean the ability to switch the LCD screens off individually - so they are actually off, not just blank - like the current "unassigned" option for the coloured LEDs.
Gotcha. That would be a nice feature to have to be able to turn off the LCD totally so that it's dark if a switch wasn't being used. Or take it further - flash, slow glow, strobe...:p

I'll +1 the turning off however. Plus it would lower power consumption - "this preset uses only .00015 kWh of energy per hour". :joycat:

I've been using a controller that does this since 2015, and find it immensely useful for visually decluttering live presets. For example, if I have a patch with only 3 specific sounds in it, only those screens light up. I don't have to have 9 (now larger!) other LCD screens fighting for my attention when they add nothing to the current preset other than distraction. It just makes things easier to see immediately. :)
I love this suggestion. Would you care to make a WISH thread about it?

Back
Top Bottom