Announcing FAS-FX REVERB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@joegold the inputs are summed to mono and the output is stereo. Any panning of the L / R stream before the reverb block is not preserved in the wet signal.

True stereo preserves the dry and wet panning.

Thanks barhrecords.
I did not know that.

So any stereo signals that are sent to the Reverb Block remain in stereo within the dry signal after the Reverb Block's wet/dry mixer.
It's only the Reverb Block's stereo input signal that is first summed to mono, and then the Reverb Block's reverberated signal is somehow stereo-ized such that the l and r wet outputs contain some sort of stereo imaging effect.
Is that correct?

I often use a Pitch (Detune) Block for chorusing (-11c L -11c R) in front of a Reverb Block.
So my dry-post-reverb signal still has the stereo detuning in tact, right?
It's just the reverb's wet signal that has been summed to mono and then stereo-ized somehow. Correct?

Is it possible to do a true stereo reverb with the Axe if we use 2 Reverb Blocks hard panned l and r with each block's input being limited to either l or r?

@joegold Yes the dry signal panning is preserved.

The best way I think is to look at the manual. It has a diagram showing the rev signal flow.

5.27 Reverb [REV]

Dry L / R pass through.

L / R get summed to mono before the reverb processing.

Thanks. Got it.
Now back to the main thread.
Sorry to hijack it.

But why no demo? I need to try it on vocals to see what it really sounds like, how do I know if I need it?

So this is algorithm and not convolution? No loading custom reverb IRs? Not sure where the details are so apologies in advance if I overlooked the answer, thanks is advance.

Hmmm... maybe it's time I move on from Reason ;-)

Oh no, don't do that! :) Use Ableton, Logic or some other host and connect Reason to it through Rewire. Then you can use all of those Reason devices while you mix and process them through any AU/VST in Ableton. Audio is recorded on the host side, midi can be recorded on either side and Reason becomes something like a big ass virtual instrument. Think Thor passing through those amazing Fractal reverbs. Awesome.

I'm still amazed at how much iLok fear still seems to be out there."

EDIT: FIRST and FOREMOST: I am thrilled for FAS to now have stuff like this-FAS changed my musical life in April of 2009.................OK,

Greg
For some of us, well me, it's not fear, I just plain do not like the whole concept...and that is my choice-it is still a semi free country. Same reason I do not purchase anything with this -no biggie for me, I do not lose any sleep over it......Thanks Frank

Last edited:
Oh no, don't do that! :) Use Ableton, Logic or some other host and connect Reason to it through Rewire. Then you can use all of those Reason devices while you mix and process them through any AU/VST in Ableton. Audio is recorded on the host side, midi can be recorded on either side and Reason becomes something like a big ass virtual instrument. Think Thor passing through those amazing Fractal reverbs. Awesome.
Yea, I agree. I was mostly just being ironic...

I'm pretty much used to the workflow so haven't been wanting to change. But to Rewire Ableton or something so I can use the VST's etc is something I've been thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom