Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

Several ideas:
1. "Amp correction" data. Search for my patent application and you can probably put two-and-two together.
2. Super-Hyper-Mega-Ultra-Res cabinet IRs. 32K or more samples so you capture the room along with the IR.
3. More factory cabs.
4. More user cabs.

I might have missed it but presume or hope that more preset slots (e.g. 1024) is first priority?

And/or would extra storage usage be configurable since some folks won't need or use the extras you mentioned? (Please?!)

I would still like to see a system of cab selection where the user picks a generic cab type (marshall, vox ...), size (212,213,412), then a speaker, then a mic/mic position/mic distance preferably with a graphical user interface of some sort, but a cascading drop down menu system would be good also. This would lilely require more space for the additional cab metadata but I think this would be a good use for it - not sure though if the current cab selection in Axefx would easily fit into such a structure.

Greetings to all,

Starting today we will begin selling a new version of the Axe-Fx III. The new Axe-Fx III Mark II features the following upgrades:
  • New IPS Display offers improved contrast, better viewing angles and more vivid colors.
  • Double the preset memory = space for 1024 presets.
  • Adjustable RGB LEDs let you set the color and brightness of the front panel logo.
  • Increased non-volatile user data memory for future upgrades (i.e. more IR storage).
Presets between the original and the Mark II are completely compatible.

The Axe-Fx III Mark II has a direct price of $2099.99. Everyone on the existing waitlist will receive invitations for the newer version.
If you're not on the waitlist but would like to get one of the first Axe-Fx III Mark II units, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com

View attachment 72424

Very Nice.. 💯👍 Now, bring on the Floor Based ( FX III)unit.. ! :)

That was quick I got the feeling of having the "old one" (MK1) .. Damn it's a irritating feeling but I do know the cure :) :) And who in gods name uses 1024 presets???

And who in gods name uses 1024 presets???
I have a Mk I, and all my presets are full, between factory, my own, and Austin Buddy, and I don't have all of the one AB pack I own loaded. I nuke some here and there to have some extra room, but basically I'm full.

When I used a Helix, I dreamed of this many IR slots, but when I got my III, it didn't take long to fill those too. There's a moral in there somewhere...

Now if we can just buy this thing with programmable FRIKKEN LASERS instead of LEDs, it could be a modeler AND a stage effect.

Dr-Evil-Laser.jpg

And a weapon we could use to pick off loud drunks! And maybe blackmail NASA. ;)

I noticed a "bug" (really probably just an oversight, or maybe a limitation?) that when loading the default FC-12 configuration on the AXE-FX III Mark II. The PRESETS, SCENES, PERFORM 1, and PERFORM 2 layouts have limits set for the bank footswitches to 51 and the preset footswitches to 511. These should be increased to 102 and 1023, respectively, given the increased size of the available presets (probably also for the FC-6? But I don't have that device to verify). This confused me for a while since I'm new to the AXE!

Last edited:
I noticed a "bug" (really probably just an oversight, or maybe a limitation?) that when loading the default FC-12 configuration on the AXE-FX III Mark II. The PRESETS, SCENES, PERFORM 1, and PERFORM 2 layouts have limits set for the bank footswitches to 51 and the preset footswitches to 511. These should be increased to 102 and 1023, respectively, given the increased size of the available presets. This confused me for a while since I'm new to the AXE!
Those are just the same default layouts. I’m not sure they can be updated for the MK II since the I and II share firmware. Something to be aware of though.

Those are just the same default layouts. I’m not sure they can be updated for the MK II since the I and II share firmware. Something to be aware of though.
Common firmware or not, there must be some part of the brain of mk II that knows how many presets it holds.

Common firmware or not, there must be some part of the brain of mk II that knows how many presets it holds.
Yes, but the default FC settings wouldn’t know if it’s set to a lower number.

I would guess though that creating the FC defaults on a Mark II would work, as putting the higher limits back on a Mark I would make the Mark I adjust itself to the lower available numbers.

If there were 2 features i really wanted to see they are a variable converter resolution from 44-96kHz and dedicated knobs that are always corresponding to the Amplifier controls, no matter what page your on. On a day to day use, these are 2 extremely important features IMO, more than colors or contrast or even memory size.

Obviously not Upgrade worthy, just a little something nice for new buyers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom