Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

I’m looking forward to having all of Austin buddies presets along with a heap of my other favorites... Any time I sit down, BLAM! I have any amp I want! Wonderful ;-)
Thanks
Pauly

Last edited:
It's not hard to grasp there are no sound differences as we have been told by the announcement.
People should read the announcement with details first.
Trouble is, people tend to read what they think is written down; not what actually is written down. Also words can have two or more meanings: they always take the least obvious one. (hope this will get across ;))

Trouble is, people tend to read what they think is written down; not what actually is written down. Also words can have two or more meanings: they always take the least obvious one. (hope this will get across ;))
Yeah, Cliff could say he's going to go have a sandwich and people would be posting about how he's sending everyone a sandwich with the new firmware update.

Such a bummer that being in the Europe rather than paying £1600 you lovely people in the magnificent US pay, we get to pay £2300.
Obviously that’s inevitable. Maybe we can build a bridge from northern island to New York and I can drive over.

OK... who wants to sell me their place in line ? :) . Just waitlisted. Excited for the evolution of the unit. Will definitely be really nice to have more preset slots. Keeping my fingers crossed that this might also mean some enhancements around preset/IR/Block management. I've already got my "wishes" in the queue so I'll not go deep down that rabbit hole.

My philosophy on these enhanced units is to purchase pretty much as soon as they come out. Often, my existing unit ends up permanently living in my rehearsal space OR I sell it and someone gains entry into the Fractal ecosystem at a really great price point. I want Fractal to always be funded so they can continue on their amazing journey. While I am in a position to do so financially I'll always upgrade. Their hardware holds its value so well its not much of a hit if I'm selling my previous unit.

Thanks all!

Hi ectoplasm88. I got on the list on the 20th of this month and have not heard from them yet. I'm assuming the list is pretty big and it may take multiple shipments to get to me. But then again, maybe not - hopefully not.

MINI Cooper gauge lights are an orangey reddish color because the longer wavelength colors FUBAR your night vision least. That being said, their high beam indicator looks about like a 50kW blue laser. Had to put two layers if Scotch tape over it that were each colored with a blue Sharpie to dial back the brightness

These work great for dimming bright LEDs or AXE FX III logos. :lightbulb:

http://www.lightdims.com/store.htm

Have you decided on what the extra storage in MK II is going to be used for? :) @FractalAudio

I am debating whether to upgrade...
I have not.

Several ideas:
1. "Amp correction" data. Search for my patent application and you can probably put two-and-two together.
2. Super-Hyper-Mega-Ultra-Res cabinet IRs. 32K or more samples so you capture the room along with the IR.
3. More factory cabs.
4. More user cabs.

Back
Top Bottom