Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

I was a little surprised by this announcement and I try not to comment based on a reaction, but now I've spent some time thinking about both. All I really would like to add to the discussion is, I am very happy with my purchase of a Mark I, and congratulations to Fractal for continuing to pursue excellence in their products that we as the consumer can partake in. There is some mixed feelings of course, but those are just reactions and nothing to base any decision off of or to make a statement from, since those reactions aren't what I really think, just a brief moment or two of a feeling. When those settled down, I do feel like I as a customer in a small way, helped contribute to the process of this model. By purchasing a Mark I, I, in a very small way, helped the cost of development that became the Mark II, which will in turn help people to make music. That music I hope will bring happiness to people that could really use it. I supported a US company, from which I am located, I helped a small business, and I contributed possibly to people's musical and tonal journey. So my unit cannot change lights...I'm okay with that. And I am okay if people aren't okay with anything I just said. I don't mean to start anything antagonistic, I simply wish to state that this is fantastic news and wish good sentiments to a company that has provided me with a wonderful tone companion.

I was a little surprised by this announcement and I try not to comment based on a reaction, but now I've spent some time thinking about both. All I really would like to add to the discussion is, I am very happy with my purchase of a Mark I, and congratulations to Fractal for continuing to pursue excellence in their products that we as the consumer can partake in. There is some mixed feelings of course, but those are just reactions and nothing to base any decision off of or to make a statement from, since those reactions aren't what I really think, just a brief moment or two of a feeling. When those settled down, I do feel like I as a customer in a small way, helped contribute to the process of this model. By purchasing a Mark I, I, in a very small way, helped the cost of development that became the Mark II, which will in turn help people to make music. That music I hope will bring happiness to people that could really use it. I supported a US company, from which I am located, I helped a small business, and I contributed possibly to people's musical and tonal journey. So my unit cannot change lights...I'm okay with that. And I am okay if people aren't okay with anything I just said. I don't mean to start anything antagonistic, I simply wish to state that this is fantastic news and wish good sentiments to a company that has provided me with a wonderful tone companion.
Yes, it really is a case of FOMO for the most part upset about not having the latest and greatest. As stated before, a new product announcement doesn't denigrate the quality of sounds being produced by the current gear I have.

I find it hard for anyone to take what you said as antagonistic. It really is a step in the right direction to be able to take a step back from the buzz of a new product announcement and be at peace with your current possessions. Well said.

+1. You just described the cycle of every FAS product. :)

To everyone who owns a current Fractal product: No matter what top-of-the-line FAS gear you own, sooner or later, Fractal will release something better. It’s inevitable. When that happens, some of you will be upset because you don’t have the best anymore, or you just missed the upgrade by a day and a half, or for whatever reason. Don’t sweat it. It’s a good thing. It’s why we have the Axe-Fx III and the FM3 to begin with: each was an improvement over previous products.

Roll with it and celebrate. And know that your preexisting gear hasn’t lost a bit of its wonderfulness.

I am now absolutely certain that FAS anxiously waits to release a “new/improved” anything until the day I place my order for its predecessor. Swear To God, if the MkII eventually supports a feature-rich looper that isn’t backwards-compatible to the III then I’ll know it’s personal...

🤨

Been happy with the tones from my Boss GT 100 for some years now. It will be good to have the latest model of the Axe Fx3, got the road case and Hs8 monitors, also purchased Pro Tools. I won't be to worried at all about future releases, there's so much going on with these units it will definitely keep me happy tone wise.

Honestly, there is a world between hardware upgrades between product batches and total revamp and abandonning updates and service on earlier models !

Did the XL+ after the XL create ruckus ? More space and new screen...I know many axefx2 mk2 users that don't give a damn :D

Seeing how long Fractal is holding to a flagship model and continuing to update + epiphany them, I'm really pro mk2 and even mk3 someday !

Plus the axefx3 is so powerful I guess there will be no need of an XL to get more updates !

Maybe the MK3 will have color front plates, custom knobs or whatever, who knows ?

I'm sad I can't upgrade or keep my 2 as a backup and get a 3, but that's just because my income don't allow me this...I wish I had fractal products in every room and place I can play guitar !

Gradiants that sync to the phaser wouldn't suck

Or to Tempo or LFO or input/output volume, etc. Might be too much config tho just for a dang backlight tho. If Mark III has "lasers", BT, and a subwoofer that's a whole other story.

Back
Top Bottom