Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

Grr.... another Fractal product I will reflexively purchase. And just a few days before the new iPhones. Smart move ;) Congrats!

Now off to list one of my obsolete Mk I units on reverb...

Grr.... another Fractal product I will reflexively purchase. And just a few days before the new iPhones. Smart move ;) Congrats!

Now off to list one of my obsolete Mk I units on reverb...
Just did this 🤷‍♂️ no shame. They definitely took a hit on resale though

I think Fractal Audio has some big feature which requires a better ,more powerful Axe Fx, maybe. Honestly I dont think it is worth to upgrade from the MK1 to MK2 in this moment. There is no point in.

Could the extra flash memory be used for improved looper capability? Ie allow 2 or 3 looper tracks and switch between them, all tempo synced to first one?

It was named this in honor of Mark Day, whose father is also named Mark, thus "Mark II"
His signature preset in this unit will have even more gain.

Who needs more gain? The big question ist: Which faces will I make if I play his signature presets through the Mark II? :openmouth:

Pretty cool. Heck I remember when the Axe II Mk2 came out and was afraid we’d be left in the dust firmware wise. What features will this MKII potentially get that the MKI won’t be able to handle? Just curious.

Nice for future buyers, I personally have already plenty of room for presets and cabs, and as a bedroom player and with the possibility of loading entire banks, all my needs are covered. I mean I do not feel like having an obsolete device now, despite the investment (in the EU it is considerably more expensive than in the USA).

Curious to see what is coming in the future.

Like I said on fb, please send me one, i'll gladly make a 1 vs 1 comparison with my axefx2 plus a full review for free :D

It's not extra firmware space. There's already plenty of that.

It's extra FLASH for "future expansion". This might be factory or user cabs or some other data. I have several ideas I'm kicking around that would use it.

Would there be a way we can upgrade the flash on mark I or delete user cab slots to keep up with the cool ideas you have to add to the flash memory? Just curious.

Very nice FAS team. Unless there is something mind blowing thats going to happen with that extra space outside of the extra preset/IR storage that Cliff mentioned on a thread somewhere, I have no compelling reason to switch out right now with them running the same firmware.....also because I bought mine second hand this year for not a whole lot less than new because I got impatient on the waiting list....haha. Still best piece of guitar gear I've bought in the past decade stares indifferently at my Line 6 Helix collecting dust in a bag. Curious how many versions of the III will happen before the eventual IV. I will be on that wait list day 1 for the IV for sure.

Back
Top Bottom