Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

Will we be able to tie the logo color to patches?

Because that would be perfect for telling us what patch we're using from across a stage (assuming live performances are ever a thing again lol).

Because that would be perfect for telling us what patch we're using from across a stage (assuming live performances are ever a thing again lol).

Oh god that would be so cool. Maybe have them follow FC switch colors?

Now if we can just buy this thing with programmable FRIKKEN LASERS instead of LEDs, it could be a modeler AND a stage effect.

Dr-Evil-Laser.jpg

Last edited:
It's not currently coded to do that but it could be.
that would be awesome. great idea too.

blue for clean presets, green for grit, red for high gain, etc. something else for the audience to look at too. that'd be neat!

a cycle through colors would be another great feature too, just automatic. i'm sure some would ask for it to change due to input level too but i'm not asking that ;)

Last edited:
Awesome news!! I want one...but....I GOTTA get a new recording computer first. Not to mention, I've only touched about .00000003% of what the Mark I can do. (he says while contemplating putting an ad on Reverb) hahah

Just when I thought I was at the top of the gear chain with an Axe-FxIII and an FM3!
Throw a few bells and whistles on it and a few features my current Axe can't do and bam! Take my money!

What are the chances of porting over that gorgeous startup screen to Mark I? Can you make it available as a desktop background? I can't stop looking at it.

Guess myself and a few other Mk I owners are scratching their heads about this feature. Already been said that there is plenty of space in the Mk I for future firmware updates. So is this space just for more presets and IRs (which I only use a fraction of now), or is their some other functionality that the Mk I won't be able to support in the future? I know there has been some discussion on TGP about a patent for a profiler type function Fractal submitted last winter. Maybe space for future "profiles"?
We'll know when we find out. ;)

It's not currently coded to do that but it could be.
TBH, for me the color/dim control of the logo is a big selling point (not that all the other features aren't also important and very awesome). Blue light in dim areas turns into a giant smear of blue haze.

Astigmatism sucks. It's the reason I fly a desk instead of having flown a fighter jet....

TBH, for me the color/dim control of the logo is a big selling point (not that all the other features aren't also important and very awesome). Blue light in dim areas turns into a giant smear of blue haze.

Astigmatism sucks. It's the reason I fly a desk instead of having flown a fighter jet....

Half the selling point over my Mark I is changing the logo color. Is that crazy? The bright blue light is physically painful to look at and I've been dying to have a green logo.

Greetings to all,

Starting today we will begin selling a new version of the Axe-Fx III. The new Axe-Fx III Mark II features the following upgrades:
  • New IPS Display offers improved contrast, better viewing angles and more vivid colors.
  • Double the preset memory = space for 1024 presets.
  • Adjustable RGB LEDs let you set the color and brightness of the front panel logo.
  • Increased flash memory for future updates.
Presets between the original and the Mark II are completely compatible.

The Axe-Fx III Mark II has a direct price of $2099.99. Everyone on the existing waitlist will receive invitations for the newer version.
If you're not on the waitlist but would like to get one of the first Axe-Fx III Mark II units, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com

View attachment 72424
purchased it today and should be arriving in 2 days. Hurry up UPS!! .... 📦💨💨

Back
Top Bottom