Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

Holy Cow! I was not ready for that!
Congratulations FAS!!!! Another giant step of guitar-playing-kind!

I am probably not fluent enough in USB. But I’ll give it another go…

My III connects to a M$ft surface via a USB cable. Just wondering out loud if that could be utilized? Probably not; or to ever be fast enough. But I thought I would ask.

I am not sure what you mean by “host”, but if you mean that this is a stupid/uninformed ignorant idea - well I could be convinced without any argument. 🤪

I meant it doesn't have any USB A ports (the normal rectangle ones) that you can use to plug other devices into the Axe FX III. It has a USB B port (the square one) you can use to plug it into a computer. I thought you were asking if we could just plug a USB stick in to add more flash memory that way and was saying there's no port to do that.

When it's plugged into a computer, it could do a lot of things, but I'm not sure it makes sense to put the work into trying to add that space over USB. What happens when you're computer is unplugged and you go to open a patch that used it, etc.

Without thinking, I added myself the wait list of the mark II and then read that it'll be serving the people first on the mark I waitlist... (also me :oops:). My mark I waitlist was on August 23rd.

You would think I would've remembered I'm already on the waitlist with knowing the Axe 8 waitlist users got first dibs at the FM3 :laughing:

Without thinking, I added myself the wait list of the mark II and then read that it'll be serving the people first on the mark I waitlist... (also me :oops:). My mark I waitlist was on August 23rd.

You would think I would've remembered I'm already on the waitlist with knowing the Axe 8 waitlist users got first dibs at the FM3 :laughing:
I hope it goes quickly for you! I know some are still waiting from back in June 😬

I hope it goes quickly for you! I know some are still waiting from back in June 😬
Thanks! 😄 I'm not worried on it going back to June. I don't imagine there are as many people in front of me as there were on the FM3 waitlist and I made it through that 😂

Please don't get me wrong. I appreciate and support the dedicated nature of the Fractal team to continue to elevate the platform and realize that things change. And I may pull the trigger and upgrade. Again.

But somehow this is starting to remind me of that 8th time I bought a remixed/remastered/5.1 to 7.1 version of Dark Side Of The Moon. :laughing:

It's extra FLASH for "future expansion". This might be factory or user cabs or some other data. I have several ideas I'm kicking around that would use it.

Cue the speculation... This is obviously the most intriguing and nebulous item.

Can we buy a vowel? Any further hints as to what "future expansion" and "some other data" might mean? The other items are cool, but nothing I feel I need from current version. For me, I'm fine with current preset and cab space -- but this makes me wonder if I should get on waitlist?

Havent they always been assembled in China? Does it matter as long as they are assembled to a high quality?
It really matters here in local custom clealances when it comes to import tax.
Almost double in amounts since no benefit enjoyable under Free Trade Treaty.

Back
Top Bottom