Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Greetings to all,

Starting today we will begin selling a new version of the Axe-Fx III. The new Axe-Fx III Mark II features the following upgrades:
  • New IPS Display offers improved contrast, better viewing angles and more vivid colors.
  • Double the preset memory = space for 1024 presets.
  • Adjustable RGB LEDs let you set the color and brightness of the front panel logo.
  • Increased non-volatile user data memory for future upgrades (i.e. more IR storage).
Presets between the original and the Mark II are completely compatible.

The Axe-Fx III Mark II has a direct price of $2099.99. Everyone on the existing waitlist will receive invitations for the newer version.
If you're not on the waitlist but would like to get one of the first Axe-Fx III Mark II units, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com

Axe-fx-iii-mk2-800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think it's pretty cool to set the logo color. LEDs are hard to capture on film but I'll try to make a video. Those extra preset memories are also going to be most appreciated.

PS: Yes, I posted this here FIRST and will now update the web site, social media, and the rest of the world. Hard to say in front of you guys otherwise :)

This has me really interested...what could it mean?

I think it mean there is more total space for firmware to be stored. So the total size of the compiled code can become larger. How close the existing firmware is to filling it, and at what point new features stop making it to the Mark I because there's no room we'll have to see.

Awesome! This will keep the III going for quite some time, with plenty of expansion room. I am still well within the fences on V1, but it doesn't make me not want the new one. :) It should be at least a week before speculation on the release of the Axe Fx IV resumes!

Great work, guys!

How close are we to filling up the firmware space on the existing III?

Asked another way, how much longer will the III be supported before new features are III Mark II only?
It's not extra firmware space. There's already plenty of that.

It's extra FLASH for "future expansion". This might be factory or user cabs or some other data. I have several ideas I'm kicking around that would use it.

How close are we to filling up the firmware space on the existing III?

Asked another way, how much longer will the III be supported before new features are III Mark II only?
Hopefully the mark I still has plenty of juice left
It's not extra firmware space. There's already plenty of that.

It's extra FLASH for "future expansion". This might be factory or user cabs or some other data. I have several ideas I'm kicking around that would use it.
So we don't have to worry about the Mark I not being supported due to the Mark II? 😅

Back
Top Bottom