Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II TURBO

Sorry if I missed this, but what is the end result of the faster chip in the turbo?

faster scene changes and better pitch block performance for example?

less latency?

or is it just able to have more block instances?

I've heard back from FAS and I could box my MKII up right now and send it back if I felt the need. I had to really weigh this decision carefully, since I just bought and sold an FM3 to get here in the first place.

I would want extra CPU to compensate for the use of FR IRs. I only would use those at home at my desk, so there is no need for everything to be in one preset at all. Also, who knows if the FR IR process is fully optimized yet? We might or might not see future reductions in CPU use in that application. It's not a given but I wouldn't rule it out, either.

I can recognize that instinctive "but but it's not fair" voice in my head but I also know that voice is 100% emotional and 0% thoughtful. It's my job to acknowledge, understand, and govern that voice in my head; because that voice is not rational.

Extra CPU is a great thing! If I needed it I'd start this return process now, but I really do not.

Now someone please tell me I'm right so I can tall that voice, "See, someone agrees with me!" 😋
You're totally right. It's an emotional response. "I don't have the best anymore. If only I knew this was coming, I'd have chosen differently."

Even if they gave two month's notice, there would be people who were two months and five days out who would feel slighted.

I've heard back from FAS and I could box my MKII up right now and send it back if I felt the need. I had to really weigh this decision carefully, since I just bought and sold an FM3 to get here in the first place.

I would want extra CPU to compensate for the use of FR IRs. I only would use those at home at my desk, so there is no need for everything to be in one preset at all. Also, who knows if the FR IR process is fully optimized yet? We might or might not see future reductions in CPU use in that application. It's not a given but I wouldn't rule it out, either.

I can recognize that instinctive "but but it's not fair" voice in my head but I also know that voice is 100% emotional and 0% thoughtful. It's my job to acknowledge, understand, and govern that voice in my head; because that voice is not rational.

Extra CPU is a great thing! If I needed it I'd start this return process now, but I really do not.

Now someone please tell me I'm right so I can tall that voice, "See, someone agrees with me!" 😋
Get the Turbo. You can never have too much power.... 😊

Sorry if I missed this, but what is the end result of the faster chip in the turbo?

faster scene changes and better pitch block performance for example?

less latency?

or is it just able to have more block instances?

I wonder too what it'll do for people. Someone should demo it.

I knew this day would come :( I use nowhere near the limit of power in the axe but I still have gas....
That's where I'm at too brother. This in no way diminishes the MK I. But dammit if I don't want it. I want the best. Now I have second best. But, "If you're not first, you're last".

Maybe there will be a ‘turbo version’ of virtual capo or some of the other processor intensive blocks/features down the line?
If you have the horsepower, as a developer, you tend to use it…

we do understand it, but fractal doesn't reply to this question, just copies and pastes from their website advert. We all asked: can the $200 upgrade be purchased outside of buying a whole new axe fx 3 MK2. They cant seem to answer that question for some reason. A yes or no is quite good these days along with why cant it be upgraded! A lot of people are guessing, which isnt helpful at all, and keeps the questions coming, which doesn't need to happen in this day and age.
My guess is it's a no because these are soldered DSP/chip modules onto the circuit board and not a pop in install. Which would void the warranty and cause a shit ton of damage for many people if they sold these as a self install addin. Yes it does suck that you'd have to fully purchase a new mark II unit, but such is life. I think too many people are addicted to the next best thing, giving you an inch more of "better", vs actually spending their time playing music.

You are absolutely right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have the MK1 and the MK2 and also a FM3.
I played 4 gigs last week, made plenty of money and used the FM3 for all four gigs.

Why? Because I am a lazy guy and the audience don't care about what amp I use :sweatsmile:

I refuse to let myself become a Victim Of Changes every time a new piece of gear is Unleashed In The East. Being a Turbo Lover just isn't possible for me at this time. We all can't be Metal Gods and Rock Forever. Now excuse me while I go and take a Pain Killer.

I refuse to let myself become a Victim Of Changes every time a new piece of gear is Unleashed In The East. Being a Turbo Lover just isn't possible for me at this time. We all can't be Metal Gods and Rock Forever. Now excuse me while I go and take a Pain Killer.
So you’re saying if they’re offering you Diamonds and Rust, you’ve already paid?

You are absolutely right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have the MK1 and the MK2 and also a FM3.
I played 4 gigs last week, made plenty of money and used the FM3 for all four gigs.

Why? Because I am a lazy guy and the audience don't care about what amp I use :sweatsmile:
Very true.
Audiences hear your talent and performance.

Back
Top Bottom