Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II TURBO

Puh... that saved me some headache, I was about to upgrade my Mk1 to Mk2 last friday.
What I've learned since II was released, when the units are in stock then an upgraded version is around the corner and you have to get on a waiting list

Puh... that saved me some headache, I was about to upgrade my Mk1 to Mk2 last friday.
What I've learned since II was released, when the units are in stock then an upgraded version is around the corner and you have to get on a waiting list

Might as well wait for the Turbo Boosted version.

Or the turbo xl, or the turbo xl+. Or whatever else will boost sales until the tech has moved on enough to make an actual upgrade, the Axe 4 .I will buy that one but in the mean time no.
Eh, to be honest, there never won't be another model coming. I've had my Axe FX3 Mk1 almost exactly 3 years now and we're now on the third revision of it.

There's never going to be a point where there isn't a new model on the market 18 months later.

You might as well jump in when you want it, because it will be out of date soon enough.

Eh, to be honest, there never won't be another model coming. I've had my Axe FX3 Mk1 almost exactly 3 years now and we're now on the third revision of it.

There's never going to be a point where there isn't a new model on the market 18 months later.

You might as well jump in when you want it, because it will be out of date soon enough.
So go with the generation upgrades not the tweak.

You're right. That's just the nature of...

...well everything sold today. It's no big surprise that things get upgraded.

What is a surprise is the total lack of transparency and integrity with regards to letting people know about updated units coming down the pipeline. ESPECIALLY when Fractal Audio knew that folk were selling their Mark I's for Mark II's for some conveniently timed FullRes tech.

You're right. That's just the nature of...

...well everything sold today. It's no big surprise that things get upgraded.

What is a surprise is the total lack of transparency and integrity with regards to letting people know about updated units coming down the pipeline. ESPECIALLY when Fractal Audio knew that folk were selling their Mark I's for Mark II's for some conveniently timed FullRes tech.
It doesn't matter when we announce things, people get offended. If we announced it six months ago when we finalized the design people would complain that it wasn't available yet. Our policy now is when a product is ready to sell we announce it. The Turbo modules arrived in the warehouse last Friday. Took us a couple days to test, program and set up the e-commerce and now you can buy them.

The Mark I is still awesome and the most powerful and best sounding product on the market. A single unified firmware works on all versions of the Axe-Fx III ensuring all versions share in improvements where possible.

It doesn't matter when we announce things, people get offended. If we announced it six months ago when we finalized the design people would complain that it wasn't available yet. Our policy now is when a product is ready to sell we announce it. The Turbo modules arrived in the warehouse last Friday. Took us a couple days to test, program and set up the e-commerce and now you can buy them.

The Mark I is still awesome and the most powerful and best sounding product on the market. A single unified firmware works on all versions of the Axe-Fx III ensuring all versions share in improvements where possible.
It does matter. There are, and I dare say the vast majority of, people who do their research before making a purchase. With my backup unit, I missed the Mark II by three weeks when factoring in the fifteen day return window. I know I'm not the only one that has gotten the raw end of the deal in such a manner. That's something that could have been avoided, and kept a $20k sent your way over the years customer content.

Ultimately it's your business and you're not only allowed, but also encouraged to run it the way you see fit. I mean your success speaks for itself.

The nature of electronics is evolution. Does LG tell you a new television is coming out next week?

I believe some of the entitlement attitude is born from the iPhone where everyone knows a new one is coming out every September.

I have the MK I and love it, on 15.05. I can’t get Cygnus to my liking yet and may never upgrade units again. Six months ago 15.05 was the bestiest, and still is good enough for my needs.
No lol People even knew about Nintendo 64's, Playstation 1's, before the internet was really a thing. Most everything electronic is talked about before its release.

You can't make everybody happy at the same time. Thats just a reality of business. You do the best you can for all the stakeholders (ownership, employees, current customers, former customers, fans, etc...) but its a balancing act and sometimes there are hard decisions.

I'm disappointed about the TrueRes Mk1 situation but the Mark 1 is still an amazing product for me and I appreciate that you are continuing to push out features like the double-click navigation, Maxon model, etc...

Before Fractal, there really was no such thing as no-additional-cost functionality updates after a purchase. The whole industry changed based on your model. To be able to get new significant features for several years after a product is launched is really quite a luxury.

The door has probably closed on this but I'm still hopeful that a few FullRes IRs or Reverbs can find their way into a permanent factory bank slot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom