Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II TURBO

A yes or no is quite good these days along with why cant it be upgraded! A lot of people are guessing, which isnt helpful at all, and keeps the questions coming, which doesnt need to happen in this day and age.
The replies write themselves, so I won’t bother.

I just picked up a new Mk II, and that was a result of wanting the FM9.

I’ll never touch the Mk II limits, but I wonder what that extra juice might be needed for down the line… Fractal’s take on profiling?

Knowing what I know about the Kemper (which isn’t much) it would lead me to say no, not that, but perhaps Cliff has something much different up his sleeve?

I just got my Axe 3 Mark 2 yesterday... can I please return it and get the turbo! if so please tell me how
I imagine there's something in your documentation or on their web site. You have a 15 day return window. At the very least, send them an email. But don't wait. The 15 days might start from when you placed the order.

Reactions: JTI
Does the unit have "Turbo" on it or maybe the splash screen says "Turbo"? Curious as to how to visually tell the difference between the two Mark II's.

Does it have go faster stripes??
Had a roommate back in the day with those in his underwear. He'd leave them [the underwear, not the skids] on the bathroom floor fairly frequently. By the looks of it, dude must've been going 100mph at least.

Last edited:
The main preset framework I've been working with lately is right up against 80%. It'd have one or two more drive blocks (has 2 already) if there was more cpu available.

Luckily, I'm not that interested in FullRes, since I'm on a Mk I, but more cpu would be nice.

But I'm probably too cheap to upgrade.

The main preset framework I've been working with lately is right up against 80%. It'd have one or two more drive blocks (has 2 already) if there was more cpu available.

Luckily, I'm not that interested in FullRes, since I'm on a Mk I, but more cpu would be nice.

But I'm probably too cheap to upgrade.
my main preset runs at around 85-86% with no problems

So, is the Turbo version going to be able to break the “rules” of per preset number limits of each effect?
Good question. If they allowed six instances of blocks like the Synth, Filter, Vol/Pan, Drive, IR Player, Pitch, etc, for hex-processing with a hex-pickup (the Axe-FX III has 7 inputs), I would definitively go for it.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...h-and-other-blocks-for-hex-processing.163063/

I have already tried processing the strings separately at the Axe-FX, using the available blocks. It is a lot of fun

Here is a test using -1 octave pitch shift at strings 5 and 6, synth with 3 voices at string 1

Preset available here

Last edited:
What exactly is the turbo module? is it real 25% dsp upgrade or just firmware optimization over the same dsp of MK2?

Back
Top Bottom