Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II TURBO

Many people here are assuming this means it will have more dsp so you can use more blocks. I don’t think that’s what Fractal said. Same dsp, just faster. I could be wrong…

That’s because, nowadays, people can’t be bothered to even scan through the first 30 posts (hint, #30) of a thread, started by a manufacturer, to see if a question has been asked and answered.

We are pleased to announce an option for new Axe-Fx III Mark II customers. The unit can now be purchased with an optional TURBO module. This provides a 25% higher clock speed allowing for more complex presets which would exceed the limits of the standard DSP module.

The new option adds $200 to the retail price at the time of purchase. Axe-Fx III Mark II Turbo will be available beginning Sept 28, 2021.

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-mkii-preamp-fx-processor/

View attachment 89264
it seems simply like a dsp chip upgrade. can we buy this upgraded chip and fit it ourselves to our current mark 2 ? Same as upgrading our computer cpu? thats it?

it seems simply like a dsp chip upgrade. can we buy this upgraded chip and fit it ourselves to our current mark 2 ? Same as upgrading our computer cpu? thats it?
Other parts also would have to be changed.

And I assume that the DSP is soldered to the board ...

Cliff has mentioned that there are also some non-user components such as in the power supply that have changed. As @crdark mentioned, the DSP is also likely soldered in, making upgrading practically impossible.

We read it, we just don't understand it.
we do understand it, but fractal doesn't reply to this question, just copies and pastes from their website advert. We all asked: can the $200 upgrade be purchased outside of buying a whole new axe fx 3 MK2. They cant seem to answer that question for some reason. A yes or no is quite good these days along with why cant it be upgraded! A lot of people are guessing, which isnt helpful at all, and keeps the questions coming, which doesnt need to happen in this day and age.

Back
Top Bottom