Announcing Axe-Fx II XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

First time on here but i'm sure its not going to be my last.

I'm after more information from anyone that may have taken delivery of their XL.

Has anyone received there's yet?
What are your first impressions?
Is the Faslink as good as anticipated?
Do you think you wil benefit from all the other additions/updates?

I also have an XL on order & I will be a first time user.

Thanks to all in advance

I received my XL on Friday and have been playing with it quite a bit. I did forget to add the Ultra Res sample pack from V14 so I just did that this morning and will see how they sound.

First impressions are AWESOME! I think it was definitely a great choice to upgrade from the II to the XL! Faslink seems to be very quick, and responsive. Haven't used an expression pedal yet. One thing to note...if you have the MFC101 MkIII, it'll need V3.03 (which is Beta that I know of) because 3.02 doesn't have an XL connect setting. Thanks to Matt P @ FAS, I was able to get it up and running by Saturday morning!

The inputs sound very clean, not that the II didn't, but if I play something, it's very articulate. I notice this when I'm recording, compared to recordings I did with the II.

I think you'll love it!

Hi All,

First time on here but i'm sure its not going to be my last.

I'm after more information from anyone that may have taken delivery of their XL.

Has anyone received there's yet?
What are your first impressions?
Is the Faslink as good as anticipated?
Do you think you wil benefit from all the other additions/updates?

I also have an XL on order & I will be a first time user.

Thanks to all in advance

Sleestak...you'll need to update to V3.03 on the MFC MkIII. Not sure if Matt is going to release it, or wait for a final release. When I set mine up, it did not have an XL connect option with 3.02. Matt sent me the update and it works perfectly!

I've had my MFC-101 Mk III for nearly a month. I'm hoping to soon have an AxeFX II XL to plug it into. It's crazily tantalizing to have a cool control pedal, and I have powered it up just to check it out, but there isn't much else to do until there's something on the other end of the FASlink connector :)

I can't wait more.. I joined the wait list on March 21st.... It means the ordering e-maill will arrive to my mailbox a little bit late? T.T

Guitartripp,

Thanks very much for the overview. It's good to hear your points of view & Also the connectivity issue you had & how it was resolved.

For a 1st review it is certainly sounding promising.

Regards

Muso4142

No problem! I've been playing with it all day! To me, it sounds tighter than the II...maybe it's just the new FW14, as I sold my II right before 13 came out. It's ultra quiet! The fan is as quiet as someone else had posted, so that's a good thing!

I got my main preset with scenes set up, and everything switches very fluidly. I'm looking forward to doing some tone matching this week and see how they sound recorded.

Off to see Dream Theater at the Meet and Greet!

Sleestak...you'll need to update to V3.03 on the MFC MkIII. Not sure if Matt is going to release it, or wait for a final release. When I set mine up, it did not have an XL connect option with 3.02. Matt sent me the update and it works perfectly!

Thank you for the tip, guitartripp! I'll determine an approach to obtaining the MFC update once my AxeFX II XL invitation shows up... I'll be pouncing as soon as I'm contacted. I have a run of tour gigs coming up, and I'd love to have the AxeFX system with enough lead time to program tones before handing off my gear for shipping.

I received my XL on Friday and have been playing with it quite a bit. I did forget to add the Ultra Res sample pack from V14 so I just did that this morning and will see how they sound.

The XL comes with the UltraRes samples built-in. They are at the end of the factory cabs. There are 27 UltraRes IRs: seven from us, 10 from OH and 10 from TAF.

All,

As you probably read in your email by now, I accidentally sent an invitation to everyone on the list today.
This was in error and we need to get right back to normal list operation, so I had to cancel the invitations.

We've sent legitimate invitations to everyone on the list as of Feb 20, 2014 and we'll continue moving forward until the demand is met.

I'm going to temporarily close this thread so this post isn't missed in the middle of an ongoing conversation. If anyone would like to talk further about this, please email me via sales@fractalaudio.com

Again, apologies for the false invitations. The demand for these units is just incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom