Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

Hi,
I just swapped emails with Sussi at G66. The european shipment is at sea and should arrive with them around 11th of Oct - shipping will take place a few days later :D
Steve

Great news, have my name down for two with G66.

I have a few question Tom if you don't mind.

I'd like to run my two side by but I want to take up as little space as possible. So, will these amps operate ok turned on there ends? I'm asking this with two things in mind. First the horn design, will it disperse the the HF ok in this position (what side of the amp is the horn on)? Secondly, from the tubes operating point of view. Will the heat dissipate correctly in this position?

Spartacus said:
Great news, have my name down for two with G66.

I have a few question Tom if you don't mind.

I'd like to run my two side by but I want to take up as little space as possible. So, will these amps operate ok turned on there ends? I'm asking this with two things in mind. First the horn design, will it disperse the the HF ok in this position (what side of the amp is the horn on)? Secondly, from the tubes operating point of view. Will the heat dissipate correctly in this position?
You can definitely run them on their side – there shouldn’t be any heat dissipation issues. The horn (and perhaps more importantly the power section) is on the right so you'll want that side up.

This is looking pretty perfect. The fact that it's tube driven, does it give it that "tube amp" feel when playing?

I don't own an amp now, and am wondering whether to run through studio monitors or one of these.

Just to clarify, I can go AXe-Amp, right? I don't need a power amp for these guys?

Sorry for my stupidity :(

Tom King said:
Seriously, the shipment is on its way here via ocean freight. It's expected to arrive in port before the end of Sept. Between customs, trucking and the fact that we will be in LA for the Amp Show the weekend of the Oct. 3rd, we should start sending units out to customers sometime between Oct. 5 and Oct. 10.

More details to follow.

-TK

I have a question for Tom.
How would the Axe-Fx and a drum machine/hardware sequencer sound through the Atomic Reactor (using the mono output of a small mixer)?
I'm occasionally doing the one-man-band thing and I was wondering if this amp could be used that way.
In other words, how well can the speaker handle different instruments at the same time on this amp?

southpaw68 said:
I have a question for Tom.
How would the Axe-Fx and a drum machine/hardware sequencer sound through the Atomic Reactor (using the mono output of a small mixer)?
I'm occasionally doing the one-man-band thing and I was wondering if this amp could be used that way.
In other words, how well can the speaker handle different instruments at the same time on this amp?
This should work quite well.

-TK

Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere in the previous 74 pages of discussion.....

Is there going to be a stereo version?? Sometimes you just don't want to haul two cabinets. A 2x12/2xhorn stereo option would be great.

Ordering from Australia

Hi Tom
I know that you stated in the international shipping policy that there will be an Australian distributor.But as long as there is no official distributor can I order from the US?
And does it make sense to put me on the list for the A.R FR? Sometimes ordering from the US is much faster than ordering within Australia for what ever reason :?
Another question is , I do have an Atomic R. 50W, which I ordered from G66 before I moved from Germany to Australia and the fan is pretty noise. Jacque Isler told me that the fan in the new Atomics are not noise at all, is it possible to fit one of those in my old Atomic and can I order it from you as well?
thx
Dieter

jojo said:
Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere in the previous 74 pages of discussion.....

Is there going to be a stereo version?? Sometimes you just don't want to haul two cabinets. A 2x12/2xhorn stereo option would be great.

Might as well run mono since there isn't enough seperation to get a true stereo effect. Then again, you wouldn't have to rework your presets every time you run mono if you had a stereo cab to use.

Back
Top Bottom