Animals As Leaders Javier Reyes presets up on Axe-Change

Not sure I see the point in downloading other peoples presets because what might sound good with my guitar and setup probably won't sound the same unless you have the same exact setup.

Not sure I see the point in downloading other peoples presets because what might sound good with my guitar and setup probably won't sound the same unless you have the same exact setup.

They won't sound the same but could still sound good; but it's hit and miss.

FX patches are a different story though: you can use them with your own "core sounds" and often it's interesting to see and learn how someone built a certain sound or effect.

cool. does that mean that these will be obsolete when FW10 comes out? what if we want to use both cab and FRFR.
i use both a cab and monitors when at home.

For most of us its not about the sound but how they go about dialing in their presets. What parameters the tweak & what they don't touch, what amp models combined with cabs, setting up EQ and boasts in an unorthodox way, Post/Pre EQ, pushing the distortion with a really tight noisegate. I've always enjoyed checking out other people's patches since the Axe-Fx has thousands of different options and its cool to see how people approach them.

We've been in touch with Javier regarding his presets. We're going to have him tune them up for FW 10.0 and for FRFR application.
Adam, most FW9 presets will be obsolete with F10, right ? So I guess Periphery's, Marco Sfogli's too ?

Adam, most FW9 presets will be obsolete with F10, right ? So I guess Periphery's, Marco Sfogli's too ?

Not necessarily. Cliff is doing the MIMIC process on all the amps he can but some amps are already very close so the MIMIC process doesn't change things a ton. I've already used Periphery's presets on FW 10 and they mostly translate pretty well. Nolly's patches need some gain adjustment but I'm sure he'll be able to tweak it up pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom