Animals As Leaders: Home/Vehicle/Gear theft

nikki-k

Experienced
This is from their Facebook page. I imagine they will update with a complete list of what to look for soon. (feel free to delete, of course, if inappropriate to post here)

"Hey guys.
We've got some pretty terrible news to report. Upon returning home to our house in LA we discovered that we'd been robbed while were out on tour. The thieves were able to get away with Javier's Chevy Blazer and all of the equipment we didn't have on tour with us. 10 guitars in total. This includes many of our one of a kind custom instruments (Stranberg,Rick Toone ) as well as amplifiers, PA equipment and personal items.
This is beyond devastating. We know so many of you have been beyond supportive with Javier's legal troubles. We may need more of your help now to potentially find some of these one of a kind instruments that may pop up on Ebay, Craigslist, pawn shops, used music stores etc.
We're adding an album containing photos and detailed descriptions of the stolen gear to our profile. Please take a look and keep your eyes open for anything that looks close to this stuff. I truly think that with your help we have an exponentially better chance of tracking some of this down.

Thanks,
Tosin, Javier

If anyone has any information about any of this gear, please contact us at animalsgear@gmail.com. Please, keep it to messages containing leads on the stolen gear. Thanks!"

Argggghh. Nothing I hate more than thieves. I had my place burglarized a couple years ago. Had to be kids though. They stole my XBOX and games, Ipod, and booze. Still sitting in my stands right out in the open were my Taylor guitars, my rach with Ultra and fireface, and keyboards. I counted my blessings. But it just sucks knowing these low lifes are out making money on or playing with your hard earned possesions.

They did also take a 5 gallon sparkletts bottle completely filled with change. I have no idea how they moved it as that baby was heavy. I had saved that for some 40 years. I have no clue how much it would have totaled.

They are doing updates on their Facebook page.

I had everything I owned except for my first guitar and a duffle of clothes (was away for the weekend) stolen while living in NYC. The girl who had the original lease blamed me (uh.. what?), and I ended up homeless for nearly two months in Jan/Feb '89 in NYC. Lots of fun. Thieves are scum. A quick death is too kind IMO.

We played with a band called 'Orchestra Fou' here in Kingston NY once. Unbeknownst to me, these assholes had a fetish: stealing something from each band they played with to keep as a 'trophy'. Didn't realize it until the next rehearsal that they'd gone into my bag and stolen a viola bow worth more than my damn viola. Had to buy a cheap replacement, and every time I use it I curse these freaks. Some people just plain suck!

These kind of stories make me sick. Theft always is dreadful, but with such personal things as instruments, it's something different.

I'm a very peaceful human being, but I'd go mad if someone stole my music gear. :-x

If you take away an artist's means to create art, you don't deserve to live. I hope those thieves drown in a puddle of their own excrement. Not even remotely kidding.

Back
Top Bottom