Bug? Angle Severe Tremolo Picking Tracking issue [FIXED]

The Raven

Inspired
Not sure if this is a bug since I never owned the actual amp, but ever since updating to FW 18, the Savage amp seems to have a hard time tracking tremolo picking. While I'm not the world's greatest tremolo picker, I A/B'ed several amps (5153, 5150, Rectos, USA lead, etc.) and none have the issue. It sounds almost like theres a ridiculously tight noise gate that is strangling the note and preventing it ringing through.

Any body else notice this? Its barely perceptible when tremolo picking a single note, but if you tremolo pick a scale, say between 2 strings, then it starts having an issue tracking the note.

The core tone of this amp is crazy awesome, but I'd really like to be able to use it for leads.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but if someone could confirm/explain I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, and sorry for being a bearer of potentially bad news. I always hate pointing out problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn the Crunch down a bit.

Wow, so that worked, but I had to turn crunch down to 0.8 before things tracked fluidly. Thanks!!!!

Why does the amp on default on such a high crunch value? Also, what is the crunch parameter doing in general? TBH i rarely go into the advanced section so its all a little alien, even though I've owned the Axe fx for years

Back
Top Bottom