1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Angel Severe Presence Control

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Bugs' started by GreatGreen, Feb 13, 2018.

1. #1 GreatGreen, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    GreatGreen

GreatGreen
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Does this control sound funny to anybody else? It's been this way for a while, but I don't think I've seen any threads on it.

I remember when the amp model came out a long time ago and the presence control was this incredible thing that at low settings made the amp a tight but smooth high gain amp, like an ultra-modern Mesa Mark series amp or something, and then at high settings it would turn the amp into a fire breathing Uberschall-on-crack sounding monster. Turning it up would rip your head off in the best way.

Now, the presence knob makes the amp sound pretty bad if it's not set right around noon. From 11:00 and below, it turns the amp into something weak and mid-humpy, and from 1:00 an above it sounds like a heavily applied high pass filter, killing any body the amp had.

What happened to the Angle Severe?

Was the Contour knob accidentally modeled as the Presence control during an update maybe? Seriously, go back and try out firmware 14 when the model was first introduced, the difference is there.

2. Hubertus

Hubertus
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-firmware-release.106931/page-12#post-1280997

3. GreatGreen

GreatGreen
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict