Andy Wood

I'd be careful making statements like that. His Van Halen preset on the FX3 is very good and so efficient it'll run on the FM3.

Not sorry. Just my honest impression. :)

The livestream barely glossed on anything remotely FM3. Unless someone asked, "What are you playing through?"
He's pretty well versed on the Axe Fx III.

I still bet there are Italian Grandmas who have not made as many noodles in an hour. Not all. Just some. ;)

He's pretty well versed on the Axe Fx III.
The presets he was using were his own; his Van Halen preset is surprisingly simple but sure nails the sound. I was very impressed with all the sounds he was getting and what Fractal put in; I had my Sennheiser HD650s on so I could listen really closely and that FM3 sounded excellent. It’s a great video to point people to who wonder what a little box like that can do.

I’d like to see him be a signed artist with Fractal. Andy Woods’ noodling is equivalent to the best magnum opus for the majority of players out there. We’ll be lucky if he continues goofing around directly in front of the camera with a clear view of his hands because that was a true lesson. In a previous video he talked about his learning guitar and the path he followed... he sure learned well.

that tele is smexy!
Both of them sounded really nice. I'm not a Tele-kinda player; The ergonomics never felt right and the sound always seems so thin, but he was getting some nice sounds with the Marshall.

It's a good thing there are no Suhr dealers in town... at least that I'm aware of... and I don't want to become aware of there being any. Well, maybe.

The presets he was using were his own; his Van Halen preset is surprisingly simple but sure nails the sound. I was very impressed with all the sounds he was getting and what Fractal put in; I had my Sennheiser HD650s on so I could listen really closely and that FM3 sounded excellent. It’s a great video to point people to who wonder what a little box like that can do.

I’d like to see him be a signed artist with Fractal. Andy Woods’ noodling is equivalent to the best magnum opus for the majority of players out there. We’ll be lucky if he continues goofing around directly in front of the camera with a clear view of his hands because that was a true lesson. In a previous video he talked about his learning guitar and the path he followed... he sure learned well.
He is:

C421A3DC-C8AD-4F8C-A723-B2D4660A5251.jpeg

I gotta start using my other fingers on picking hand (claw technique or chicken picken style) more to strengthen. I usually play ALL pick or NO pick depending on the licks. That is how a lot of local guys get these cool country-esque licks happening local (I'm in South Carolina) and now I see guys like Andy that incorporate the picking technique into their rock/shredding styles.
Never stop learning!

OOh, yes. He's an amazing talent for sure. No quibbling there.

Not trying to offend either. Apologies if it came across that way.

I am only a fan of certain kinds of noodles, though. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom