Andy !@#$ Wood!

Yep, the guy is amazing alright, at both guitar and mando. I just bought that guitar about a month ago and it's my favorite Tele at this point. Sounds and plays great!!

He played at Axe-Fest in 2013. I was floored at how much control he had of the instrument. Technique, phrasing etc.... Amazing player.
That was my introduction to him as well. He was also an incredibly nice person. Massive skills but humble as pie. Dang....suddenly I want another Axe-Fest on the West coast!

That was my introduction to him as well. He was also an incredibly nice person. Massive skills but humble as pie. Dang....suddenly I want another Axe-Fest on the West coast!

Yes, I remember meeting you there as well. That was a blast. I purchased my AXE-FX II just prior. Learned a lot and met some fantastic people. Yes, that would be great to have another west coast Axe-Fest.

Yes, I remember meeting you there as well. That was a blast. I purchased my AXE-FX II just prior. Learned a lot and met some fantastic people. Yes, that would be great to have another west coast Axe-Fest.

I’ll come. :)

I’ll come. :)
Awesome. It would be great to see you again. By the way my wife and I will be in the Netherlands for a few days in April. We will be on a tour which starts in London and ends in Paris. Second stop will be in the Netherlands.

Awesome. It would be great to see you again. By the way my wife and I will be in the Netherlands for a few days in April. We will be on a tour which starts in London and ends in Paris. Second stop will be in the Netherlands.

I’m part of April away but let me know!

And you left early. He was incredible with James & Friends. :D

I remember being at the back of the room watching with Cliff and he stated "I think we might just be watching one of the best guitarists in the world today". I couldn't do anything but agree. There are a lot of guys who can shred a fretboard but for my tastes there are few that do so so melodically and tastefully. Joe Travers kept pushing the pace to see if Andy could keep up and the interaction between them was incredible to say the least.

And you left early. He was incredible with James & Friends. :D

I remember being at the back of the room watching with Cliff and he stated "I think we might just be watching one of the best guitarists in the world today". I couldn't do anything but agree. There are a lot of guys who can shred a fretboard but for my tastes there are few that do so so melodically and tastefully. Joe Travers kept pushing the pace to see if Andy could keep up and the interaction between them was incredible to say the least.
Yes, the James and Friends jam was nuts..... Amazing stuff. You organized that Axe-Fest if I am not mistaken...... How difficult on a 1-10 scale...? Don't say 12..... LOL....

Yes, the James and Friends jam was nuts..... Amazing stuff. You organized that Axe-Fest if I am not mistaken...... How difficult on a 1-10 scale...? Don't say 12..... LOL....

Several of us did for both the AxeFests. Kerry Lehrbass, Scott Isaksen, myself, and Matt (invaluable). It wasn't difficult by any means but just a lot of tedious tasks, calls, and Excel spreadsheet work to keep track of it all making sure the guests, artists and equipment all arrived at the appropriate times. I never organized anything outside of IT projects at work so for a few rookies I think we pulled it off decently. LOL I'd say a 7 on difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom