Andy Wood teaches EJ / Bonnamasa style

Great stuff! Especially the seamless moving between positions. Even though the results are very different, I find myself doing this a lot when jamming on Dead tunes. Jerry used similar principles in a lot of his playing. Subscribed as well.
I learned the major/minor pentatonic stuff in both "box" position format and horizontal format a long time ago.

Whenever I find people that seem to be stuck with moving between the boxes I show them the horizontal stuff.

Most of the time you can literally see the lightbulb come on!

IMO that a huge key to becoming fluid, especially when improvising.

Andy is one hell of a player and such a nice guy. Talked to him a few times.

His live show Andy Wood live at the Bijou is well worth getting.

this was actually quite helpful. I was struggling for some new solo material, and throwing just a couple of these patterns in between some linear diatonic patterns or ending on a quick triad sweep added just the flavor it needed.

Andy’s newest video goes over getting his tone with his AxeFX III!

Can anybody figure out which exact cabs he is using ? He says 4x12 g12-65 and 4x12 lead80 but they don't really exist as he reads them and I think he would have mentioned if they were custom IRs.

Can anybody figure out which exact cabs he is using ? He says 4x12 g12-65 and 4x12 lead80 but they don't really exist as he reads them and I think he would have mentioned if they were custom IRs.

You can try hitting him up on FB to ask him. He also said a couple months ago he was going to be releasing some presets, I'd assume cabs will be involved in that as well if he isn't using stock ones.

You can try hitting him up on FB to ask him. He also said a couple months ago he was going to be releasing some presets, I'd assume cabs will be involved in that as well if he isn't using stock ones.
The last video I watched he mentioned presets and I think IRs... But also mentioned "on my Patreon page".

Back
Top Bottom