Andy Timmons: tone match request

I like it a lot. With the two amps, do you like it more as one or the other. I kind of liked when they were both combined. Very good. I'll tweak the delay down a bit but I like where you got it to!

MM

Simeon,
I first listened to the you tube you used to emulate your patch after and then downloaded your patch.
Super impressive rendition!!! I love your patch, it was totally plug and play for me.

I have only tried it through an Ibanez RG with a Tone Zone in the bridge and PAF Joe in the neck but look forward to test with my other guitars... eventually. Thank you for sharing this patch!
Greg

ok, as promised, here's a very quick clip. one thing i had to do was reduce the input trim on the dirty amp from 2.5 to 2.0, because i thought it sounded really over-compressed and a bit squishy

i play the clean channel and then i kick in the BB pre. then i switch to the lead channel and do the same. should be pretty obvious....

recorded at whisper quiet volume with little imagination, but lots of vibrato... :)

I posted a tone match of his neck pickup. Seems okay - it's the clean to slight break up tone, not the solo tone.

Wanted to say I love the patch u posted. I think u did a great job on the tone, I just dloaded it but havent
had time to try it yet. Thanks for taking the time to do this, Im sure there a lot of people who appreciate
your wonderful patches. Keep em coming!

ok, as promised, here's a very quick clip. one thing i had to do was reduce the input trim on the dirty amp from 2.5 to 2.0, because i thought it sounded really over-compressed and a bit squishy

i play the clean channel and then i kick in the BB pre. then i switch to the lead channel and do the same. should be pretty obvious....

recorded at whisper quiet volume with little imagination, but lots of vibrato... :)

Very cool tone and playing bro! What guitar are you using? sounds very Timmons like! I have your pre set on my rig but it does not sound as good as your clip through my rig, but it is very good!

It's a custom superstrat. Dimarzio air zone in the bridge and virtual vintage stacked humbuckers in the middle and neck. They don't make the virtual vintage pickups any more which is a shame, because they're really nice.

Gotta say...I love this patch. Amazing tones here and very reminiscent of Andy Timmons. Thanks simeon!

cool, glad some people are liking it. i'm sure a tone match on top of this patch would really nail it, but it also shows the power of amp matching, that simply by putting the dials in roughly the right place and choosing a sensible cab, you can pretty much get there. :)

Beautiful patch, I have the Dimarzio AT1 in my ESP, and it just nails the tone dead on!!! Love the sound of the two amps together with the BB.

Back
Top Bottom