Andy Timmons preset?

I'm a new user and I'm looking for that tone, thanks for the advice!
Sure :)

My advice isn't really Axe-specific though, it's about his actual rig.

Lots of the modeling in the Axe is spooky accurate, so step one for chasing somebody's tone would usually be to research what amps, speakers, and pedals they used, and ideally their settings. If you recreate that in the Axe, you'll probably be in the ballpark.

And don't forget to have fun with your new box of toys! Try some factory presets too, and ones shared here by people who like what you like.

Good luck!

If you're into Andy you probably know this, but I think he runs the amp itself mostly clean, gets his drive from pedals, including the JHS AT, which we have in the Axe.
We have the BB Pre AT, not JHS...

Also, although historically you're correct about running his amps mostly as a pedal platform, he's more recently said (I think on That Pedal Show) that these days he also sometimes uses the amp's dirty channel.

On that same episode, he also mentioned that he uses a Compressor after the Drive(s) when he is using the neck pickup and he uses a different Drive when he's on the bridge pickup.

Another key point for @wilguitar is to check out the Aurora type in the Multi Delay block to emulate his Halo delay.

Back
Top Bottom