Andy timmons preset?

Omi994

Hi friends, I would like to get an Andy Timmons tone preset.
We know that timmons have used mesa or marshall amplifiers in his career .. do you have any advice on how to build a chain?

In 2019, I participated in Vai Academy 5.0, where Andy was one of the main guitar heroes. The theme of the camp was precisely "effects / sound design", and as a presets programmer, I could not miss that;) I attended Andy's workshops, where he detailed his material, and I even had the pleasure to talk to him, and even jam with him (he was on drums!).

So : if he has a pedalboard that we can see in a lot of videos, it's not really secret. See the photo of his pedalboard on my facebook page (hoping it will appear here).

https://scontent.fmru4-1.fna.fbcdn....=f907380cc4432a356b06b186416d5bc5&oe=61ABB187

Andy likes to use various amounts of gain and overdrive colors, but when playing solo with maximum gain, it is with its signature JHS pedal, which I also bought. For the delay, it uses a Strymon Timeline, 375 ms on the left and 500 ms on the right, and a quite dark sound. The second output of the Timeline is connected to the "Effect return" of his second Mesa Boogie Lonestar amp. The bass on his amp is almost zero, mids and treble just below or around 5 ; in fact when it turns off all pedals, the amp sounds very neutral, almost flat. But the sound level that goes into his main amp is very high, with its Carl Martin compressor, which is always activated and acts as a boost. And that changes everything.

I reproduced all his settings in a preset which is part of my "Rock & Metal" pack - funny anecdote : this year I took a lesson with him via Zoom, and I made him listen to the preset :) I even asked him to improvise on the preset that served as the basis for "Fremen's drones of Arakis" and he loved that, it's a great memory! I have videos of all this but am not allowed to post them unfortunately

In 2019, I participated in Vai Academy 5.0, where Andy was one of the main guitar heroes. The theme of the camp was precisely "effects / sound design", and as a presets programmer, I could not miss that;) I attended Andy's workshops, where he detailed his material, and I even had the pleasure to talk to him, and even jam with him (he was on drums!).

So : if he has a pedalboard that we can see in a lot of videos, it's not really secret. See the photo of his pedalboard on my facebook page (hoping it will appear here).

https://scontent.fmru4-1.fna.fbcdn....=f907380cc4432a356b06b186416d5bc5&oe=61ABB187

Andy likes to use various amounts of gain and overdrive colors, but when playing solo with maximum gain, it is with its signature JHS pedal, which I also bought. For the delay, it uses a Strymon Timeline, 375 ms on the left and 500 ms on the right, and a quite dark sound. The second output of the Timeline is connected to the "Effect return" of his second Mesa Boogie Lonestar amp. The bass on his amp is almost zero, mids and treble just below or around 5 ; in fact when it turns off all pedals, the amp sounds very neutral, almost flat. But the sound level that goes into his main amp is very high, with its Carl Martin compressor, which is always activated and acts as a boost. And that changes everything.

I reproduced all his settings in a preset which is part of my "Rock & Metal" pack - funny anecdote : this year I took a lesson with him via Zoom, and I made him listen to the preset :) I even asked him to improvise on the preset that served as the basis for "Fremen's drones of Arakis" and he loved that, it's a great memory! I have videos of all this but am not allowed to post them unfortunately
Thibault, your image isn’t showing up 😢

Back
Top Bottom