Android user bought an iPhone

1poorplayer

Power User
I use apple computers, but I’ve been using android phones for about 8 years. Thought I’d give the iPhone a shot again.
Lost my contacts, pictures, and music.
Don’t know if I can handle the iPhone.
Any advice or opinions?

how did you lose those things?

Well I may have jumped the gun a bit. Google had a bunch of my stuff. My contacts came back ( whew ). There’s a google play app for iPhone. Some of my music is accessible. Google photo is in the process of giving me some of my photos.

My Android phone had a bit of a disfiguring accident. I’m slowly adapting to the iPhone. Getting my contacts was a big deal. Business related and emergency numbers missing- were bugging me out.

Luckily Apple is allowing Google apps these days.

Well , ..... I’m actually really liking my IPhone 8.
Moving back from android was almost painless. The dedicated “back” button ; to the left of the home button , is the only thing I really miss , and there are ways around it.

There’s a bit of personalization you get with it , that is lacking with android. The fact that apple is a little less proprietary with music , won me over. I was able to take a big library of music I had , and actually DRAG it into iTunes. This would have been UNHEARD OF !! - a few years ago.
Anyways , just a follow up.

You've been able to do that since I've owned an iPhone (8 years)

If you are referring to the BACK button on the android ........ no. It’s literally a dedicated BACK/UNDO button , that takes you to your previous “move” , unlike the arrows of a web page on iPhones.
For instance , while listening to music , you can go to an artist or song , ( or any application really ) and instantly go back to the previous selection or page , rather effortlessly with that nice function to the left of the HOME button on android.

I owned the first 3 or 4 iPhones. Anyways ..... believe it or not , the slightly narrower size brought me back. So far, so good !

I don't think that iOS can be better than Android in any way.

These days , it’s pretty much apples to apples. I came from android and bought the iPhone again - purely for the size of it. Now the google pixel 3 is out. It’s narrower than the pixel 2 , and is actually the same width as iPhone 8. Coincidence ? I highly doubt it.

Been a Mac user for 15 years. Got my first iPhone over a year ago (6S) and I hate the damn thing. The camera is it’s sole redeeming quality. Should have stick with Samsung or lg, but when it came time for a new phone, the 6s was the only thing in the store that fit in my pocket that wasn’t a total POS (or so I thought). Can’t wait till I pay this monster off and upgrade back to a droid.

These days , it’s pretty much apples to apples. I came from android and bought the iPhone again - purely for the size of it. Now the google pixel 3 is out. It’s narrower than the pixel 2 , and is actually the same width as iPhone 8. Coincidence ? I highly doubt it.

I'm a lifelong PC user. Used to build them when it used to make sense. Still use them for work (civil engineering), can trouble shoot them no problem. Love them. But the iPhone - MacBook - AppleTV (Airplay) relationship is just too handy. It's the way it should be and it should've been like this via the PC a loooong time ago.

Back
Top Bottom