Anderson vs. Tyler vs. Suhr

I can only speak from the Suhr side as I have not had the opportunity to play an Anderson or a Tyler. I would have to say it's one of the best strat style guitar you will pick up. Playability is up their with any other plecked neck guitar on the market. Wood choice is is top notch, fit and finnish are perfect. Tone is consistent it really boils down to what you like as a combination of woods and electronics. Knowing technically what you like in a guitar is paramount as they will build what "you" want to your spec. I highly recommend you stop by and talk to John and take a tour of the shop and see first hand.

This was my old Suhr...

Picture0114.jpg

Never played a Suhr, have had 5 Andersons at one point, down to 2, one being a custom one i ordered. I know Tom used to make Johns bodies for a bit back in the day, and drop top type bodies are probably exactly the same. Tom is a great guy, spent the day with him at his shop once. Guitars come down to materials, fit and finish, and all are top notch i'm sure.

Should say that I currently have an Anderson Classic and a Grosh Classic. The Anderson's been my main guitar for over 10 years. I've been wanted a Tyler for the last several years. Suhrs are very popular here so was wondering how they compared. Thanks for the responses thus far.

I have an Anderson Drop Top as my main guitar and a Suhr Pro Series S4 (? not sure of the model number... went to the Suhr website and can't find anything about the Pro Series. Was it discontinued??). Both are great guitars. The neck on the Suhr is a little thicker- more of a D shape.

Currently I have 3 Suhrs, 3 Tylers and 2 Andersons and have owned many more.
It is all in how the guitar is spec`d out.
They are all top notch regarding workmanship.
Most Andersons have thin necks though (TA standard backshape) and I prefer the thicker ones like Tyler`s 59 shape.
So I am selling one of my Andersons because of that (A Floyded Classic that used to belong to Neal Schon) my other TA has a fatter neck that I love.

You can`t go wrong with any of them I think.

I have an Anderson Drop Top as my main guitar and a Suhr Pro Series S4 (? not sure of the model number... went to the Suhr website and can't find anything about the Pro Series. Was it discontinued??). Both are great guitars. The neck on the Suhr is a little thicker- more of a D shape.

The Pro series still exist, it is just that the Suhr site is being updated :)

If you don't want to drop a boat load of cash on a US made Suhr try the Rasmus model, Chines cut and shaped to Suhr's specs, US finished with Suhr electronics for way less than half the price.

Currently I have 3 Suhrs, 3 Tylers and 2 Andersons and have owned many more.
It is all in how the guitar is spec`d out.
They are all top notch regarding workmanship.
Most Andersons have thin necks though (TA standard backshape) and I prefer the thicker ones like Tyler`s 59 shape.
So I am selling one of my Andersons because of that (A Floyded Classic that used to belong to Neal Schon) my other TA has a fatter neck that I love.

You can`t go wrong with any of them I think.

Nice collection. I have a classic with a +.30 neck. I do like the neck quite a bit. I've played one Tyler and it is the only guitar I've ever played that I liked more than the Anderson. They seem to be pretty hard to come by. I've picked up a couple of Suhr's. They played well too. Just toying with the idea of looking for a new guitar. I don't think I'd ever sell the Anderson. But perhaps the Grosh...

I have played an Anderson and own a Suhr. I would say they are of a similar build quality but I prefer the look/feel of my suhr. Both are fantastic guitars for tr money.

i have had a couple of each...i like the tyler feel the best! Love the Suhr pickups though...but felt overall the tyler fit best in nearly every genre.

Back
Top Bottom