Andalusia (video) - Satriani Contest - Want to support me?

kengtin

Hi fellas,

I wanted to share a video recording I recently made to participate in the 2012 Master Satriani Guitar Contest by Guitar Center, check it out... ALL the guitar sounds come from the AxeFx-II.

IMPORTANT: if you want, you can directly help me increase my chances of winning by "Liking" my Facebook fan page and/or subscribing to my YouTube channel. Not many people know me so I'm gonna need all the "social" help I can get. Feel free to share the link.

Facebook Fan Page: K.T. Project | Facebook (scroll down a bit to see the video)
YouTube channel: kengtin77's channel - YouTube

Constructive comments are always welcome. The YouTube description has all the technical details.

Thanks in advance and cheers \m/ \m/

Last edited:
Really? no comments at all? This is the first time I join one of these "whooznxt" contests so I have no idea if this material has what it takes to win.

I,m a big Satch fan , sounds great (guess I should have commented when first listened yesterday) Can be alittle discouraging when you post something and nobody comments,been there. :D

I was confused about this contest.Are you supposed to play a cover or your own licks over one of his backing tracks? Not one person at guitar center could give me a answer.You did a great job on this one! Good luck!

I was confused about this contest.Are you supposed to play a cover or your own licks over one of his backing tracks? Not one person at guitar center could give me a answer.You did a great job on this one! Good luck!

I had the same question, the slogan is "His songs, your chops..." plus in the contest rules it's stated the judging criteria will be "(i) overall performance; (ii) authenticity; (iii) technique; and (iv) style". With this, and considering it's a competition, I assumed a note-by-note cover wouldn't be enough and there had to be an "extra/artist" factor. Andalusia, being 80% improvised by Satch himself most of the time, offered a tremendous expression runway, that's why I picked it.

If a faithful cover it's what's needed, then I'm so gonna lose :) What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom