And you thought the Oscars were boring!!!

Long overdue

I don't watch the Oscars or follow anything Hollywood related, so I didn't understand the reason based only on what was said. Here's the back story.

"Rock's comment was in reference to Pinkett's hair loss.

It's not the first time that Rock has targeted Pinkett, having made several jokes at her expense when he hosted the Oscars in 2016, according to The Associated Press.

In 2018, the actress revealed she was diagnosed with alopecia, an autoimmune disorder.

She has frequently posted about her struggles with the condition on social media, and in July 2021, she and her daughter Willow shaved their heads."

Yeah the joke was in really bad taste. He is lucky Will just slapped him. Make fun of my wife's medical condition on live television and it would be much worse.
Agreed. At first I thought it was just a crack about her movie being bad and he was sarcastically saying how he was looking forward to the sequel. A joke at the expense of someone's medical condition, is crossing the line.

Finally the "Rocky Balboa" saga arrived at Oscar nomination :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
And yes, WIll hands are big and Rock can call himself "Lucky guy" that Will only slapped him

Ya, he's a pretty big boy.

Then he goes on to win best actor and give an awkward acceptance speech, to say the least. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, in terms of his career.

Meh. It looked fake to me. Condoning violence because someone made a bad joke about your wife is just more Hollywood stupidity. In the real World, that's assault. Just flat out ridiculous and just another reason these entitled buffoons need to go away.

folks make fun of my male pattern baldness all the time... yet no one slaps anyone for me lol.
I get it... the poor gal is going through a tough time and I genuinely feel for her. I also get Wils reaction... and I really think it was poor judgement on chris rocks part, but physical assault over something someone "says"? Wrong. It's the kind of thing that only people who aren't smart enough to make chris rock pay via retort would do. Could have just said "yeah, her hair is almost as short as your whole acting career". "Her hair disappeared faster than 'everybody hates chris'."
If wil had any class he would have apologized to chris... but he only cares about the academy... cause he's a d-bag.

Yeah the joke was in really bad taste. He is lucky Will just slapped him. Make fun of my wife's medical condition on live television and it would be much worse.

Really? You condone violence when someone slings insults? Much worse? How? You cripple the guy, and end up in jail. I'm sure your ailing wife would love to see that. Come on, folks. Sticks and stones. Yes. Seriously.

folks make fun of my male pattern baldness all the time... yet no one slaps anyone for me lol.
I get it... the poor gal is going through a tough time and I genuinely feel for her. I also get Wils reaction... and I really think it was poor judgement on chris rocks part, but physical assault over something someone "says"? Wrong. It's the kind of thing that only people who aren't smart enough to make chris rock pay via retort would do. Could have just said "yeah, her hair is almost as short as your whole acting career". "Her hair disappeared faster than 'everybody hates chris'."
If wil had any class he would have apologized to chris... but he only cares about the academy... cause he's a d-bag.

100% agree with you. Will Smith has turned into a world class D-Bag. No honor. No integrity.

Really? You condone violence when someone slings insults? Much worse? How? You cripple the guy, and end up in jail. I'm sure your ailing wife would love to see that. Come on, folks. Sticks and stones. Yes. Seriously.
I wouldn't hesitate to knock the shit out of someone disrespecting my wife. Any man that doesn't stand up for his wife and family isn't much of a man in my book. Cripple? No....put his teeth through his lip and give him a scar to remember his poor choice of words %100. I'd gladly take an assault charge over my wife. You better believe it.

100% agree with you. Will Smith has turned into a world class D-Bag. No honor. No integrity.
it is a shame... I'll never re-watch legend the sm!! I liked wil smith a lot... enough to look past his constant idiotic "life coach" videos. Not sure I can look past this.

I wouldn't hesitate to knock the shit out of someone disrespecting my wife. Any man that doesn't stand up for his wife and family isn't much of a man in my book. Cripple? No....put his teeth through his lip and give him a scar to remember his poor choice of words %100. I'd gladly take an assault charge over my wife. You better believe it.
I just ran your quote past the most masculine male I have ever met. He said 'okay, boomer'.

Just pull out that ruler and be done with it I say.

Back
Top Bottom