And now....Van Halen on Ellen

No matter what....I still love watching Dave.
Even when he's off, I think he's still fun to watch.

That goes for the whole band (except for Wolfe). They need Michael back to make VH whole again.
Although by the looks of it, Wolfe may have eaten Micheal....so maybe Michael will never be seen/heard again.

The point of going to a VH show now, for me, is not to be critical of Roth. It's pretty clear these guys are not at their creative / energy peak at this point :)

Besides we are guitar players... f*** the lead singer! lol

For me, its about getting a buzz, having fun, remembering old times, and begging the wife to get dirty in the car in the parking lot.

As far as any of us berating them, all I can say is...they accomplished more than I have in my entire lifetime of playing, and they did it all before I even got out of high school.

/perspective

Respect where respect is due.

I think I'd rather pay to see Sammy and Mike and their new band The Circle. Here's video of them doing This is Love. Mike's voice is the missing link to VH sound. If only they could work something out, but it is what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRKj2Whvm7E

won't lie, other than the guitar..which was perfectly good, just not EVH, Id rather hear that band than DLR. I preferred Van Hagar anyway. Not that I didn't enjoy DLR era, just always felt like schtick with Dave and music with Hagar. That being said, are we sure Michael Anthonys vocals are live? is he still THAT good? I mean, they are perfect every time. if they are, props...amazing his voice has held that well for that many years and that many bottles of JD

won't lie, other than the guitar..which was perfectly good, just not EVH, Id rather hear that band than DLR. I preferred Van Hagar anyway. Not that I didn't enjoy DLR era, just always felt like schtick with Dave and music with Hagar. That being said, are we sure Michael Anthonys vocals are live? is he still THAT good? I mean, they are perfect every time. if they are, props...amazing his voice has held that well for that many years and that many bottles of JD

I agree, that his voice sounds way too perfect. If he really does sing like that at his age, its really remarkable.

Michael's a really good singer. I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt. I've never seen a live performance video where he sounded bad.

Michael's a really good singer. I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt. I've never seen a live performance video where he sounded bad.

yeah, i'm not throwing accusations, just asking an honest question. it's pretty remarkable considering how long he's been at it and how hard he hit the chemicals/alcohol/cigarettes for so long.

I wonder what was actually running through the heads of all the teeny bopper chicken heads they loaded the crowd with.

"Why is the bass player, like, so young?"

I think I'd rather pay to see Sammy and Mike and their new band The Circle. Here's video of them doing This is Love. Mike's voice is the missing link to VH sound. If only they could work something out, but it is what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRKj2Whvm7E

Yeah I'd pay to see sammy's band, they do VH better than VH does HAHAHAHA just a fact. Though I think Alex drums sound better than Sammy's Drummer so if Sammy could get Alex To join,DLR and Eddie's boy u'd have one hell of a show:)

Yeah I'd pay to see sammy's band, they do VH better than VH does HAHAHAHA just a fact. Though I think Alex drums sound better than Sammy's Drummer so if Sammy could get Alex To join,DLR and Eddie's boy u'd have one hell of a show:)

Sammy's Drummer is Jason Bonham, John Bonham's son. He's pretty good.

I saw Van Hagar and had tickets literally on the stage (they even said that) on Michael's side and behind his vocal monitor which I could hear clearly. Whenever he sang that signature voice was 'just there' in the monitors...great singer indeed.

It was also cool to watch EVH from that vantage point working his pedals and seeing his rack of amps/FX/speaker sims and his tech off to the side working the show.

Back
Top Bottom