"And Justice For All" Preset?

I have a bunch of IRs from different Metallica albums that I threw into one preset, MOP, AJFA, Black Album, everything up to Death Magnetic. Gimme a sec I’ll see if I can post them here.

can these work on axe fx 3 and where can i get them?

Yep! I use an Axe FX 3 and have these loaded in there. The video description has the relevant IR files to download and I just copied the settings from the video. Try clicking through to YouTube to get all the links etc as I don’t think they show up on the forum itself

Yep! I use an Axe FX 3 and have these loaded in there. The video description has the relevant IR files to download and I just copied the settings from the video. Try clicking through to YouTube to get all the links etc as I don’t think they show up on the forum itself
Great Presets!! Thanks a lot!

Just a question though - have you loaded these in the axe fx iii as is? or have you modified them?

I haven't modified them at all. I haven't used the KEA/RTL settings myself but MOP, AJFA, Black Album are all in there and they sound dead on, provided you use the right pickups etc., as they are.

I haven't modified them at all. I haven't used the KEA/RTL settings myself but MOP, AJFA, Black Album are all in there and they sound dead on, provided you use the right pickups etc., as they are.

You are right, the ones you've tried are bang on. the KEA/RTL seem just a little weak. Probably need some more OD.

I use KH Demonology with EMG Bonebreakers, so I get the best possible tone for MOP and AJFA.

I had a original ESP KH-2 and I sold it for twice what I bought it for but I also use a Caparison TAT 2 with EMG 81/85 and it walks circles all over the ESP hands down. the tone is monsterous on the Caparison v/s the ESP

In my opinion, the secret sauce to getting the AJFA / Mid-era Metallica sound is the ADA MP1 and a VHT power amp.

Between MoP and Load (when the Triaxis took over), the MP1 was a staple in their rigs and a factor in their tone, especially Kirk's lead tone. Most times, powered with a VHT rack power amp (designed by Steven Fryette).

I am running 2 preamps at once. First, obviously, a Mark IIC++ tweaked up (using the Mark series EQ, V curve). And the second preamp, in FX Loop 3, an ADA MP-1 w/ the three tube mod. Out 4 has no Cab Block, out to my power amp, each preamp panned hard L/R. Out 1 has a Cab Block with a fancy mix of cab IRs in there.

My rig is powered by a Synergy SYN5050, also designed by Fryette

IMG_1979.jpgScreen Shot 2020-05-02 at 11.09.00 AM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom