And Finally Scored One of These

This one surprises me. I sold my JMP-1 after having my Ultra for about a month almost a decade ago having extracted every sound that box could make... except all the noise. In particular, for nice clean sounds, the old Subway Verb preset with a little of the reverb backed off, sounded just like my JMP-1 running thru a TC G Major.

Kinda' anxious to see what I missed.

My JMP-1 is the one piece of pre-Fractal gear I will never sell. That thing always sounded great in a live setting, clean or driven hard.

I used to use the JMP alot in the 90's great preamp with the right tubes. Cant wait to hear this one:)

Also would love the ENGL 580 preamp. the 580 IMHO is the best preamp hands down

i got lucky with mine, i bought it a year and a half ago, it was unscratched and as far as i can tell hardly used. the inside looked pristine.
20140121_184912_Android.jpg
20140121_194807_Android.jpg

definately fun to play.

I used to have one of those! It was my first taste of MIDI. I think it spoiled me, cause I still use like 90 different amp tones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's capable of some surprisingly good "on the verge of break up" tones on the clean channels as well...

Yes it is! I played one for 6 or 7 years in the 90's -2000ish , Loved It!! both clean channels and OD-1 , never cared much for OD-2 though!

I love the JMP-1.. they sound wonderful..

if it were modelled would if be as a drive block or an amp?
cos the JMP-1 needs to go through a power amp..

either way, it'd need a power amp model to work with.. maybe something like a Marshall EL34 100 / 100??

This one surprises me. I sold my JMP-1 after having my Ultra for about a month almost a decade ago having extracted every sound that box could make... except all the noise. In particular, for nice clean sounds, the old Subway Verb preset with a little of the reverb backed off, sounded just like my JMP-1 running thru a TC G Major.

Kinda' anxious to see what I missed.

That was my reaction. I had a JMP-1 that I sold soon after I got my Ultra. Since the JMP-1 tones are based on the amps (most of which are already in the Axe), I am interested to see what Cliff has in mind as well.

I love the JMP-1.. they sound wonderful..

if it were modelled would if be as a drive block or an amp?
cos the JMP-1 needs to go through a power amp..

either way, it'd need a power amp model to work with.. maybe something like a Marshall EL34 100 / 100??
same as the other PreAmp models already in the Axe. they are paired by Cliff with a power amp model...

this could be a rock joke. "sex drugs and rock'n roll!" (yeah it's most likely broken) haha.

Well I don't know anything about this pre amp or if it's mostly used by rock people.

"Throw it down the stairs!" *bang, crash, boing, DUNK!* ".....DUUUUDE rock'n roll!!" :D

Billy Gibbons uses his I think.

Since there's a couple of preamps models, and an ADA-MP-1 comming soon (purely speculative thought), it would be cool to have the options of choosing a poweramp to pair with it. Like one British flavor and one USA. I know we can already swap tonestack but it's not the same. Still you can change powertubes for different poweramp flavor!

Decided after work to hook up the G2 JMP1 and wank on some silly dirty hard rock. its just that great 80s marshall RAWK sound :)

...can't wait to see what it sounds like G3'd!

Had a very bouncy Big Bad Moon feel to it.

"...But I like it".

Great...so then you can pair the JMP1 Drive section together with a solid state power amp model and you got a decent Marshall Valvestate 8080 amp ;) (j/k)

Btw...the product designer of the JMP1, Mike Scuffham is still in business, doing his own modeling plug in, the Scuffham S-Gear. Great stuff as I can tell (tested it a few years ago...)

Regarding modding the JMP1:

Most mods where related to mod the internal pre-setted tone stacks for lead and clean. The JMP1 features a overall digital controlled master tone stack, but also have separate tone stack circuits internally pre-setted after the clean and the drive circuit. Alter these to taste and you can get some nice results.... Also nice were added grid stopper resistors at VB1a and VB1b also on VB2a, I'm not really sure if you can improve the tone with a mercury magnets mains transformer instead of the original transformer....this is what make's it a "voodoo"-mod I guess:lol

Cheers
P

I remember those being marked down to clear at the music store I worked at around 95 or 96.

I didn't work at a music store, but that's my memory of the things as well. Couldn't move the little rascals. Never messed with one myself, so I don't know why anybody wouldn't want one. I mean, it's a Marshall - how bad could it be? Not that those guys always walk on water, but they've got a pretty good track record.

Back
Top Bottom