And Finally Scored A Nice One of These

1. Very similar. All Soldanos share a similar topology.
2. Maybe.

....but not at the risk of violating your own precepts of not wanting to separate power amps modeling from pre-amp modeling because it would make it too easy for your competitors to reverse engineer your algorithms. Serious, we already have enough tools. Jesus. If you can't already get the sound you want, a VHT stereo power amp model ain't gonna get you there.

What I'd like to see is more educational content. Advance amp controls instructional videos. For Instance, whatever Matt does when he flies to France or Guam to help some worldwide legendary pro turn a few knobs on the back pages of the amp parameters, to get the sound he's looking for.

Wow. I was watching this on ebay but glad I didn't bid against Cliff.
I look forward to having it on my AxeFX though! Thanks Cliff!!!

I have acquired a fondness for preamps and rack gear over many years...
However the AxeFX remains on top, literally!

I no longer feel self-conscienous about my 12-space rack.

I still own a DG1000 2x12 combo amp with motorized knobs.

It's loaded with nicely broken in Celestion Golds and actually sounds pretty good.

My cousin (who's a great guitar player) loaned me his DG1000 combo for a time years back and it was a great sounding rig if memory serves. Surprisingly so..

Wow. I was watching this on ebay but glad I didn't bid against Cliff.
I look forward to having it on my AxeFX though! Thanks Cliff!!!

I have acquired a fondness for preamps and rack gear over many years...
However the AxeFX remains on top, literally!

Can I borrow your 3+ so I can clone it? :mrgreen I have acquired a fondness for projects such as this...Damn that Bruce Egnater for helping me build my first amp!!! It's freaking addicting?

I agree, what a weird list. 2 of those are amps, not preamps :lol

No JMP-1? No Rocktron? No Peavey Rockmaster or Tubefex? No VHT GP3? No Digitech 2112/2101? ... on and on.

I had a Peavey Rockmaster.....sold it in 1999 for £60!! .......well it was the 90's!
What was I thinking......great pre-amp.

Hey look, another thing that I didn't know EXISTED, and yet in a short while I will OWN.

Thanks again, Cliff and FAS. Proud to be a loyal customer.

Cool to see some preamps getting the G3 treatment; I used programmable tube preamps in the 80's/90's/00's (MP-1, Digitech Twin Tube, Rocktron Piranha, JMP-1) and loved the sound and versatility of them when coupled with a good power amp/cab.

Here is an interesting list:

The 10 Best Rackmount Preamps Of All-Time

The AFX II is on it, and a curious preamp I've never heard of before called the"Langner DCP-1 Creator" designed by the same guy who did the ADA MP-1.

MVC-026S.JPG

Incidentally, when I was running MP-1's many years ago I had the 3 tube mod done by Langner. I actually ran 2 of them...one modded and one stock. Through midi switching only one was on at a time...could get just about any tone I wanted. Ahhhh....the days of huge rack systems LOL Photo is circa early 90's before I started running 2 MP-1's.

Last edited:
I find watching the dials on that preamp as mesmerizing as watching the tape go through a Roland Space Echo.

Back
Top Bottom