And Finally Scored A Nice One of These

Cool to see some preamps getting the G3 treatment; I used programmable tube preamps in the 80's/90's/00's (MP-1, Digitech Twin Tube, Rocktron Piranha, JMP-1) and loved the sound and versatility of them when coupled with a good power amp/cab.

Here is an interesting list:

The 10 Best Rackmount Preamps Of All-Time

The AFX II is on it, and a curious preamp I've never heard of before called the"Langner DCP-1 Creator" designed by the same guy who did the ADA MP-1.

Wow, nice!

i hope Cliff has a real strong bunker to store all those amps etc in, you know, for after the apocalypse....

Carl

I thought those were just jump-cuts, but those motorized dials are awesome.

Had a Fender Cyber-Twin several years ago that had motorized knobs which were more for visual appeal. The amp parameters switched instantly when you changed patches & the knobs turned rather slowly to the correct settings.

What a strange selection… The POD HD rack, but no Marshall JMP1 ? No Rocktron (Prophesy or Voodoo comes to mind) ?

I agree, what a weird list. 2 of those are amps, not preamps :lol

No JMP-1? No Rocktron? No Peavey Rockmaster or Tubefex? No VHT GP3? No Digitech 2112/2101? ... on and on.

Had a Fender Cyber-Twin several years ago that had motorized knobs which were more for visual appeal. The amp parameters switched instantly when you changed patches & the knobs turned rather slowly to the correct settings.

I've seen motorized faders on mixers but motorized dials that fast are new to me.

Back
Top Bottom