Ancient Aliens - History channel

The commentating on AA is pretty worthless , I'll admit that , but the video footage of some pretty amazing places ; that I never knew existed or had never seen up close before , is pretty fantastic - as far as I'm concerned. The most brilliant innovations throughout history have come to thought during periods in peoples lives when they were "thinking" , or perhaps stimulated - the least. Tesla comes to mind. Seems I remember reading you yourself have had some E- Cliffanies when quietly away from the shop. Makes me think these ancient civilizations were likely more intelligent than we are today in some ways. I know my cell phone has made me less intelligent. I used to know at least 20 phone numbers off the top of my head , years ago. ( I still remember those landline phone numbers - that no one uses anymore ) I'd be screwed if I were stranded today with only a payphone and 3 quarters.
I'll check out Forged in Fire.
Tesla got his hands dirty and made things. Archaeologists get their hands dirty by digging and excavating. Talking heads gin up interest by spouting exaggerated claims.

Tesla got his hands dirty and made things. Archaeologists get their hands dirty by digging and excavating. Talking heads gin up interest by spouting exaggerated claims.

Find a niche, fill it, earn a good living.

Giorgio used to promote body building contest, he’s probably living far more comfortably today and gets to travel to some cool places etc.

Can’t fault anyone for taking the job because I’d gladly go on there if they offered me a role as an “expert” lol

Find a niche, fill it, earn a good living.

Giorgio used to promote body building contest, he’s probably living far more comfortably today and gets to travel to some cool places etc.

Can’t fault anyone for taking the job because I’d gladly go on there if they offered me a role as an “expert” lol
Ok. Fine. Understandable. However, what do you think of his hair? Is it being slowly abducted by Aliens?

The source of data is important, especially since numerous fraudsters have “seeded” archaeological sites in order to butress their contentions or to claim glory for their “discoveries”. A few of these fraudsters have been reputable academics, whereas every single talking head on Ancient Aliens is a complete amateur only in it for the money.

The source is irrelevant if you are subjecting it to the same scrutiny...results speak for themselves, Hence the purpose of blind and double blind trials. If your goal is learning, and not agenda projection, then objectivity must be maintained.

"Seeded" archeological sites? Not sure I'm following... are you suggesting they planted things like dirty cops?

I'm certainly not implying anyone on Ancient aliens or any academic for that matter has any or all of the answers...and until someone can explain the double slit experiment to me (and the rest of the world), then I can't accept anything to be certain beyond question...because the reality is no one knows at this point in time. So in the meantime, we are left with considering all the possibilities and putting them to the test and letting the results establish the position...subject to change as new data come to light.

Ancient megalithic sites, summerian tablets, chauvet cave, ufo's etc...are all just questions that nobody currently has an answer for...excluding any possibility rather than examine all of them, doesn't seem to be the path to the truth. Yes, history is full of Frauds and hoax's, and no doubt these fields are as well...but what if, somewhere someone isn't on the right path...how would you know, if you didn't evaluate it first. I'm sure your familiar with how Tesla was viewed by the so called expert's in his day....How did that work out for humanity?

Anyone posted this yet?

images

Don’t you think that most of the UFO writers are charlatans? Seriously, Von Danikken, the guy who made Chariots... is a convicted fraudster. A liar. He made things up!

Yes, absolutely...that's why the Leslie Kean book stands out among the noise since it is very well researched and is an objective presentation of 'just the facts' from credible sources.

As for Von Danikken, yea, he has been thoroughly and rigorously debunked. Bad 'science' and an active imagination....

What, Von Daniken a fraud!!!! I have his commentary on Genesis, you know, the in the beginning Genesis. I keep it around when ever one of my Christian friends get up on their hi horse. Its especially useful as a Jehovah Witness repellent. Yeh, I break out my Von Doniken commentary and proceed to, ........enlighten them. And you thought spooky action at a distance was weird.... All hail the Anunnuki! When their planet comes back you'll see!!!! Ha ha hee heee haa haa

Your first in, best dressed.

The question is obvious... the answer, not so much.

Sure the answer is obvious. How about, there are only so many ways you can build a square pointy structure without them not becoming a pyramid? They look nothing alike in construction, function and the times they were built. Egyptian pyramids used the step pyramid only once, twice if you count the attempts of Snofru as well. They're clearly an inbetween version and the first attempt at building a large square pointy structure. And once they figured out how to do it better that method was abandoned. Their function is as a resurrection machine for the Pharaoh to ascend the heavens. They were also built 2000 years BC. The Central American pyramids were built thousands of years later, using completely different construction methods, and they were temples to their gods, and places where often human sacrifice were committed. Even during their construction. They're abattoirs, ancient death camps. And the Buddhist temples were an attempt to create heaven on Earth, where the divine comes to the mundane. And they were constructed also thousands of years after the Egyptians. Please tell how Central Americans and the Khmers could have learned of the Egyptian pyramids and they way only a very few of them were constructed. Long after even ancient Egypt had ceased to be.

And that funny image forgot to mention the Sumerian ziggurats, also pyramid like structures, who at least were constructed at around the same time as the Egyptian pyramids. Although their form, construction and function is also very different.

Again, just because we cannot explain things (yet), does not automatically follow that aliens did it. That's absurd logic. Always go for the theory that has the fewest assumptions. Occam's Razor. So, ancient humans did it, but we no longer know how, vs. ancient humans did with the help of aliens, who somehow managed to travel between the stars, which is the hallmark of a Kardashev II or III civilization, yet we cannot detect such a civilization in the galaxy, even though the signs of a civilization that can utilize the full energy of their own solar system and even multiple stars is impossible to hide. That's not really a theory with the fewest assumptions.

I’m an immigrant myself, so I fight fire with fire. Some American Whites don’t like me, for no reason. Well, I don’t like them either. No reason for me to hold back when some toothless, inbred hillbilly casts aspersions on my ancestry. And the irony escapes them! The lowest group of Whites, the poorest, least-educated and sickest part of the American population sees fit to pronounce judgment on the rest of the world. There’s a problem in America; a bunch of angry White Folks can’t accept the modern world. A changing world. Their puny hayseed minds can’t grasp change. And they voted for a man who hates them but pretends to represent them.

Screw it! I’m going to put on a Frank Zappa album!

That is just so wrong in so many ways. Identity politics and treating individual behavior as group behavior is still racism. And hating and demonizing those who disagree with you is the path that leads to the Dark Side. Even if some people have treated you poorly, never become like them. Be better then them. I heard a great personal philosophy yesterday, never let a compliment get to your head and never let an insult get to your heart.

That is just so wrong in so many ways. Identity politics and treating individual behavior as group behavior is still racism. And hating and demonizing those who disagree with you is the path that leads to the Dark Side. Even if some people have treated you poorly, never become like them. Be better then them.
This. 100% this.

It's okay to disagree with someone. Even to disagree vigorously. But to call out a group because of their race, physical stereotypes, or social status — that crosses a line. You become the very thing you're railing against, and you serve to perpetuate the behavior you're opposing.

I’m an immigrant myself, so I fight fire with fire. Some American Whites don’t like me, for no reason. Well, I don’t like them either. No reason for me to hold back when some toothless, inbred hillbilly casts aspersions on my ancestry. And the irony escapes them! The lowest group of Whites, the poorest, least-educated and sickest part of the American population sees fit to pronounce judgment on the rest of the world. There’s a problem in America; a bunch of angry White Folks can’t accept the modern world. A changing world. Their puny hayseed minds can’t grasp change. And they voted for a man who hates them but pretends to represent them.

Screw it! I’m going to put on a Frank Zappa album!

So much politics and overt racism in this post. Clean up in aisle six, stat!

Ok. Fine. Understandable. However, what do you think of his hair? Is it being slowly abducted by Aliens?

Hair again was brilliant idea.... you can see old pics and it’s rather normal

Then he became “crazy hair guy”, people remembered him, created memes about him etc and he cashed lots of checks

No different than Brian Warner saying he’s going to become Marilyn Manson, Bowie becoming Ziggy Stardust etc.

“I’m not saying it was aliens..... but I’m making a whole lot of money to say it was aliens, and people love my crazy hair because I’m the main guy on the show you remember”

Okay..going to meander a little here .. ..yeah, yeah, yeah! ;0) .. :0)

When I was a kid, There wasn't any real drug culture - not like today, and not that I was aware of anyway. But there was solvent abuse going on... Knowing this, My Mom, she used to read from the paper to all-us kids, stories of other kids coming undone by bad behavior, and one of those stories was a story of a kid who saw black figures in his day-to day living of life. They'd come, they'd go, he named this one particular black figure (though I can't remember the name).. Turned out that these black figures were bought on by brain damage from solvent abuse.

...Fast forward to my Cabinet Making years.. I must have laid down two football fields worth of laminates in my time in those cabinet shops.. Seen new guys just undone by those fumes. One guy literally dumped a bottle of milk all over a board and started spreading it around - thinking it was contact adhesive, and then fall off a chair when we removed him outside-away from the fumes.. Same with special finishing, the chemicals involved, lacquer thinners, etc.. Meh, I was a kid.. you get used to these things I supposed.. .. ..though I'm not entirely sure ALLLLL my faculties remain intact for it. :0)

Fast-forward to the first house me and My Wife bought. It's an oldish house - we still own it but don't live in it, .. Anyway. After living there for about six months I started seeing these dark shapes just hanging out in the kitchen and the hallway. Really strange. Best I can describe it is "a lack of light where there is light" tallish, pillar(ish) shaped but no defining edges.

I knew what it was.. Brain damage from all that solvent based adhesive I'd laid down, and all the special finishing I had done in those cabinet shops as a kid.. Finally caught upto me! ..And I was okay with it. I knew what it was. I knew there was nothing I could do about it. It wasn't bothering me. Kind of a fun distraction in a way - seeing these poorly formed tall dark shapes.. It was entertaining.

These dark shapes - they had mass, they hung out In the middle of brightly lit rooms.. Sometimes they were wisps of darkness, I could barely see them - easier to see out of the corner of my eye than dead-on, and overtimes they were much-more defined. Sometimes, though-rarely, they were imposing..

It's Very ..different ..when you actually see things like that yourself, and your of a type - like me - where, if you can't beat something to death with science or logic, it simply shouldn't exist.. It doesn't cause fear.. it causes intrigue ... "W-T-F is it???" ..and a burning need to know..

"Brain damage" ..says Mom. ..there! strangeness meet cubbyhole! ..and all the peace that comes along with all-that "knowing". After all, these things.. Must be a figment of my imagination! ..and Logically, must be due to brain damage from being around solvents for a chunk of life.. ..and I made my peace with that.

Never said anything to anybody else about it - didn't see what anybody could do about it except worry for me, or think me mad. Didn't want to worry the Wife. So kept this all of this to myself - as you do. ;0)

I was seeing these things more and more often. They became more and more pronounced. I was beginning to worry for it.

One Saturday morning I was watching TV and looked to the kitchen and there was this shape - very pronounced - just hanging out In the kitchen - a tall, three-dimensional, oddly-shapeless lack of light in a room where the sun was streaming through the windows.. and this dark shape was just ...there ...

..Because I was seeing these thing more-and-more often, I began to think it was may-be a medical thing? ..a tumor maybe? ..and I was beginning to get a tiny-bit worried - was thinking about seeing a doctor...and for me, something has to be hanging-off by a thread to see the sawbones.

...anyway.. I was sitting in one recliner, the Wife in another. I was looking at the TV and occasionally I would look into the kitchen at this thing. It was so pronounced! I'd look at the TV - then I would stare at this thing in the kitchen .. looked at the TV.. Looked into the kitchen, etc., felt the gaze of familiar eyes, :0) ..so turned to give my Wife a Smile ...and she's giving me the strangest look - a real look of concern - she looked worried.. I smiled.. "what" ..says I..

"Do you see those things too!??" she whispered.

My blood runs cold just typing about it. She's just like me, She isn't gonna worry me "Hey babe, seeing weird shit" ... we're not those kinds of people. But, as you can imagine, we had a lot to chat about regarding this.. She had been seeing these-things too. And for a long time. One time she actually followed me down the hallway and into a back bedroom, when she got there, I wasn't. it wasn't me she was following.

What are these things? .. Don't know. Literally, I just don't know.. I know that it's very-likely that hundreds of years ago, they would be called demons, and I would guess that people today, many would call these things ghosts.

But I - Don't - Know.

..and I'm fine with that.

I don't need to know everything.

...Currently.. there is magic in this life that doesn't always need to have an explanation - right now! - today! ...In time? Most likely.

But today, these things should be appreciated, not feared.

But it was an odd exercise in the human condition - which makes me bring all ^...this up on this thread. .. Seems like we seek to explain things away.. "We don't know.." "We MUST know.." So many misfile-away all kinds of crap regarding "whatever" and call it "explained". I think many of us find peace in that. I know I did.

Another of my hobbies is (VERY) amateur astronomy.. I have seen things up there. I can't explain. One-time, a MASSIVE high-altitude obstruction of light I tracked in a straight line from horizon to horizon against the stars - moving very-very fast. Impossibly fast - Impossibly large, this obstruction of light was HUGE.. Miles across ..aaaaaand ...I don't now what that was either! LOL! :0)

...I know that we are conditioned to live on this planet. I know that. We are designed to breathe the elements, take in it's molds and bacteria in massive numbers and our bodies kill them off and discard them. We have evolved to suffer this planet's gravity, and it's atmospheric pressures. We have evolved to be able to freely live on this planet. It's ours.

Logically speaking, I don't see how "aliens" could live here in any-type of unrestricted fashion. ...Astronauts go into space and immediately begin to lose muscle mass - just for example. We are just not designed to live in those conditions..

And to Travel Trillions of miles - thousands of years ???? ...to see what? ??? ...The equivalent of a chimp, in a zoo? Makes no sense to me why anything smart enough, would.

But I have seen a few things I can't explain. Which is the reason for this post. And I don't pretend to know it all. Our eyes aren't that sensitive, our hearing isn't that great, and our finer senses / ambient processing skills have been dulled by "civilization" ..and the lack of need to engage in real survival.

And on top of all that, we're really not THAT smart either.. And what we lack in smarts we make-up for in ignorance.

Really... :0) ..How COULD we "know it all"?

So, I keep an open mind.. There's just a LOT of stuff out there that I file under "magic" ..Aliens being one of these things. ..And it's nice to have some magic in my life. It's humbling to not know. There's a purity in it.

And although a lot of people will predictably talk a lot of shit for fame, money and power ...Succinctly.. It's okay to skeptical.. As long as we keep an open mind.

Last edited:
Yeh, I remember one time when my friend squirted this stuff onto some lucky charm marshmallow things with an eye dropper. I didn't know he had squirted the lucky charms at the time and we ate them for breakfast. About an hour later I looked outside and I could have sworn I saw the car melt. But it was weird, just as fast as it would melt, it would go back to normal. Anyway, we fired up a doob of this really good herb I had, which was a pretty normal thing to do at the time, and thats when Green Jesus came walking down the stairs. I never figured he would be green, but I guess he can be any color he wants. Anyway, freaked my ass right out. I absolutely lost it and started shouting no way man, no way man, over and over. He looked at me, smiled, and turned into the hottest looking chick I have ever seen. I remember feeling very confused. The rest is kind of blurry and I kinda don't want to talk about it ...but one thing I know for sure, there's some weird shit in this world we live in.

Yeh, I remember one time when my friend squirted this stuff onto some lucky charm marshmallow things with an eye dropper. I didn't know he had squirted the lucky charms at the time and we ate them for breakfast. About an hour later I looked outside and I could have sworn I saw the car melt. But it was weird, just as fast as it would melt, it would go back to normal. Anyway, we fired up a doob of this really good herb I had, which was a pretty normal thing to do at the time, and thats when Green Jesus came walking down the stairs. I never figured he would be green, but I guess he can be any color he wants. Anyway, freaked my ass right out. I absolutely lost it and started shouting no way man, no way man, over and over. He looked at me, smiled, and turned into the hottest looking chick I have ever seen. I remember feeling very confused. The rest is kind of blurry and I kinda don't want to talk about it ...but one thing I know for sure, there's some weird shit in this world we live in.
Thanks for a nice anecdote!

Okay..going to meander a little here .. ..yeah, yeah, yeah! ;0) .. :0)

When I was a kid, There wasn't any real drug culture - not like today, and not that I was aware of anyway. But there was solvent abuse going on... Knowing this, My Mom, she used to read from the paper to all-us kids, stories of other kids coming undone by bad behavior, and one of those stories was a story of a kid who saw black figures in his day-to day living of life. They'd come, they'd go, he named this one particular black figure (though I can't remember the name).. Turned out that these black figures were bought on by brain damage from solvent abuse.

...Fast forward to my Cabinet Making years.. I must have laid down two football fields worth of laminates in my time in those cabinet shops.. Seen new guys just undone by those fumes. One guy literally dumped a bottle of milk all over a board and started spreading it around - thinking it was contact adhesive, and then fall off a chair when we removed him outside-away from the fumes.. Same with special finishing, the chemicals involved, lacquer thinners, etc.. Meh, I was a kid.. you get used to these things I supposed.. .. ..though I'm not entirely sure ALLLLL my faculties remain intact for it. :0)

Fast-forward to the first house me and My Wife bought. It's an oldish house - we still own it but don't live in it, .. Anyway. After living there for about six months I started seeing these dark shapes just hanging out in the kitchen and the hallway. Really strange. Best I can describe it is "a lack of light where there is light" tallish, pillar(ish) shaped but no defining edges.

I knew what it was.. Brain damage from all that solvent based adhesive I'd laid down, and all the special finishing I had done in those cabinet shops as a kid.. Finally caught upto me! ..And I was okay with it. I knew what it was. I knew there was nothing I could do about it. It wasn't bothering me. Kind of a fun distraction in a way - seeing these poorly formed tall dark shapes.. It was entertaining.

These dark shapes - they had mass, they hung out In the middle of brightly lit rooms.. Sometimes they were wisps of darkness, I could barely see them - easier to see out of the corner of my eye than dead-on, and overtimes they were much-more defined. Sometimes, though-rarely, they were imposing..

It's Very ..different ..when you actually see things like that yourself, and your of a type - like me - where, if you can't beat something to death with science or logic, it simply shouldn't exist.. It doesn't cause fear.. it causes intrigue ... "W-T-F is it???" ..and a burning need to know..

"Brain damage" ..says Mom. ..there! strangeness meet cubbyhole! ..and all the peace that comes along with all-that "knowing". After all, these things.. Must be a figment of my imagination! ..and Logically, must be due to brain damage from being around solvents for a chunk of life.. ..and I made my peace with that.

Never said anything to anybody else about it - didn't see what anybody could do about it except worry for me, or think me mad. Didn't want to worry the Wife. So kept this all of this to myself - as you do. ;0)

I was seeing these things more and more often. They became more and more pronounced. I was beginning to worry for it.

One Saturday morning I was watching TV and looked to the kitchen and there was this shape - very pronounced - just hanging out In the kitchen - a tall, three-dimensional, oddly-shapeless lack of light in a room where the sun was streaming through the windows.. and this dark shape was just ...there ...

..Because I was seeing these thing more-and-more often, I began to think it was may-be a medical thing? ..a tumor maybe? ..and I was beginning to get a tiny-bit worried - was thinking about seeing a doctor...and for me, something has to be hanging-off by a thread to see the sawbones.

...anyway.. I was sitting in one recliner, the Wife in another. I was looking at the TV and occasionally I would look into the kitchen at this thing. It was so pronounced! I'd look at the TV - then I would stare at this thing in the kitchen .. looked at the TV.. Looked into the kitchen, etc., felt the gaze of familiar eyes, :0) ..so turned to give my Wife a Smile ...and she's giving me the strangest look - a real look of concern - she looked worried.. I smiled.. "what" ..says I..

"Do you see those things too!??" she whispered.

My blood runs cold just typing about it. She's just like me, She isn't gonna worry me "Hey babe, seeing weird shit" ... we're not those kinds of people. But, as you can imagine, we had a lot to chat about regarding this.. She had been seeing these-things too. And for a long time. One time she actually followed me down the hallway and into a back bedroom, when she got there, I wasn't. it wasn't me she was following.

What are these things? .. Don't know. Literally, I just don't know.. I know that it's very-likely that hundreds of years ago, they would be called demons, and I would guess that people today, many would call these things ghosts.

But I - Don't - Know.

..and I'm fine with that.

I don't need to know everything.

...Currently.. there is magic in this life that doesn't always need to have an explanation - right now! - today! ...In time? Most likely.

But today, these things should be appreciated, not feared.

But it was an odd exercise in the human condition - which makes me bring all ^...this up on this thread. .. Seems like we seek to explain things away.. "We don't know.." "We MUST know.." So many misfile-away all kinds of crap regarding "whatever" and call it "explained". I think many of us find peace in that. I know I did.

Another of my hobbies is (VERY) amateur astronomy.. I have seen things up there. I can't explain. One-time, a MASSIVE high-altitude obstruction of light I tracked in a straight line from horizon to horizon against the stars - moving very-very fast. Impossibly fast - Impossibly large, this obstruction of light was HUGE.. Miles across ..aaaaaand ...I don't now what that was either! LOL! :0)

...I know that we are conditioned to live on this planet. I know that. We are designed to breathe the elements, take in it's molds and bacteria in massive numbers and our bodies kill them off and discard them. We have evolved to suffer this planet's gravity, and it's atmospheric pressures. We have evolved to be able to freely live on this planet. It's ours.

Logically speaking, I don't see how "aliens" could live here in any-type of unrestricted fashion. ...Astronauts go into space and immediately begin to lose muscle mass - just for example. We are just not designed to live in those conditions..

And to Travel Trillions of miles - thousands of years ???? ...to see what? ??? ...The equivalent of a chimp, in a zoo? Makes no sense to me why anything smart enough, would.

But I have seen a few things I can't explain. Which is the reason for this post. And I don't pretend to know it all. Our eyes aren't that sensitive, our hearing isn't that great, and our finer senses / ambient processing skills have been dulled by "civilization" ..and the lack of need to engage in real survival.

And on top of all that, we're really not THAT smart either.. And what we lack in smarts we make-up for in ignorance.

Really... :0) ..How COULD we "know it all"?

So, I keep an open mind.. There's just a LOT of stuff out there that I file under "magic" ..Aliens being one of these things. ..And it's nice to have some magic in my life. It's humbling to not know. There's a purity in it.

And although a lot of people will predictably talk a lot of shit for fame, money and power ...Succinctly.. It's okay to skeptical.. As long as we keep an open mind.
Thanks for a very nice anecdote! Good luck to you, Sir. I make furniture myself. No power tools. No veneers. Simple glue.

Back
Top Bottom