Ancient Aliens - History channel

Huh ....
You completely missed my point. If you and “Johnny Wier” want to sit down and debate about so-called Aliens and why ancient civilizations were “not intelligent” , by all means , feel free.
MY point in the thread was to let someone here know there’s a series on the History channel that has incredible video footage of ancient archeological structures and artifacts , found all over the world. ( not just in Egypt , for example , as I was previously unaware that there were pyramids built elsewhere )
There are a lot of interesting FACTS on the show.

The notion that Aliens could have been responsible for technology that existed 5000 years ago , because we can’t it explain today , well - that’s entirely up to you. You and the Ancient Astronaut Theorists can theorize - til the cows come home. I could care less about the opinions of interviewed authors on the show , or anyone else , ;)

I watch it because it’s educational.
I agree. The filming is very well done. The commentators, however, are tourists without any qualifications concerning architecture, archaeology, carpentry, construction, ancient languages or anything really, besides making money from visiting tourist sites, as tourists, and then writing about these sites or offering their “evidence” for aliens during their interviews in the well-filmed documentaries. These guys have never discovered anything. They have never taken part in a dig. They have never translated ancient scripts. Their speculations have no foundation. They’re tourists! I’d rather hear what some guy who has spent a decade on a dig say about some artifact than Von Danikken, who has spent time in jail TWICE for fraud. That’s a fact, proven, unlike the bunk that they spew.

History is in a constant state of revision. Our mistake is “knowing”. Just like at one point we “knew” the sun revolved around the earth. Consider gobekli Tepe, and the Chauvet cave (mind blowing) were only discovered in the 90’s.... Perhaps we didn’t have enough data when we drew the conclusion about hunter gatherers? Who knows what else we haven’t discovered yet that will cause us to reevaluate our current knowledge.
Yes, knowledge is incomplete. The problem with Ancient Aliens is that the people interviewed are complete charlatans. They have no veracity. No proof. No evidence. They’re tourists wandering around tourist sites. Anyone can do that and bring a camera. I only respect people who actually DISCOVER something. People who dig in the ground. It’s easy to make stuff up about Our Alien Overlords but harder to do the work. By the way, Von Danniken has been convicted three times for fraud and imprisoned twice. That’s a fact!

My dad took me to see "Chariots Of The Gods" when it first came out and I didn't sleep for a week after that. That was my introduction to the Ancient Astronauts theory. I was freaked out by it all at the time and was sure they were coming back to do nefarious things...

I've read and seen a few things regarding this subject since then, and, while there are mysteries surrounding some ancient artifacts/ruins/markings and why/how they were created, I've not really read/seen anything that absolutely necessitates invoking a superior intelligence/race/beings to have created some of that stuff as humans were not up to the task. I think humans were smarter and craftier in ancient times then we give them credit for.

But, I love a good story and mysterious things so it's fun to keep an open mind...but not so open your brains fall out...I find this book interesting and compelling:

UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go On The Record by Leslie Kean.

I've read pretty much every UFO book out there over the years and that one is definitely one of the better ones by far IMO.
Don’t you think that most of the UFO writers are charlatans? Seriously, Von Danikken, the guy who made Chariots... is a convicted fraudster. A liar. He made things up!

Last edited:
Von Danikken, who has spent time in jail TWICE for fraud. That’s a fact
Von Danniken has been convicted three times for fraud and imprisoned twice. That’s a fact!
Bon Danikken, the guy who made Chafiots... is a convicted fraudster.
Sounds like you have a personal issue with this guy?

I mean, you join a forum that is for guitar effects processing equipment and your first three (and only) posts are about Ancient Aliens...

awiens-4272345.png

Yes, knowledge is incomplete. The problem with Ancient Aliens is that the people interviewed are complete charlatans. They have no veracity. No proof. No evidence. They’re tourists wandering around tourist sites. Anyone can do that and bring a camera. I only respect people who actually DISCOVER something. People who dig in the ground. It’s easy to make stuff up about Our Alien Overlords but harder to do the work. By the way, Von Danniken has been convicted three times for fraud and imprisoned twice. That’s a fact!

First let me say welcome to the forums.

Second, does Von Danniken owe you money? You seem to be overstating that point a tad.

Although I do agree that any source of info needs to be questioned and nothing should be accepted on face value alone, and then once accepted, constantly re evaluated against conflicting views. For me, this applies equally to those who dig in the ground (academia/state) as it does to those who appear on tv. For me data is data, the source of it doesn’t change its weight...or the need to challenge it.

Don’t you think that most of the UFO writers are charlatans? Seriously, Bon Danikken, the guy who made Chafiots... is a convicted fraudster. A liar. He made things up!

There are much larger subjects built on fraud than ufo’s, that people accept without question. People are inclined to see what they want to see...and rarely ever self criticize.

It’s the people with no commercial agenda that intrigue me...it’s clear they believe what they saw. And what would motivate someone to draw that kind of attention for no gain, at the risk of social/occcupational repercussions?

As I said earlier, I believe most ufo sightings are of terrestrial origin...including the somewhat recent Nimitz sighting.

It’s possible he may be a charalatan in the Clifford Irving sense, but I don’t they all are just because of the subject matter.

Second, does Von Danniken owe you money? You seem to be overstating that point a tad.

Although I do agree that any source of info needs to be questioned and nothing should be accepted on face value alone, and then once accepted, constantly re evaluated against conflicting views. For me, this applies equally to those who dig in the ground (academia/state) as it does to those who appear on tv. For me data is data, the source of it doesn’t change its weight...or the need to challenge it.
Well, it does seem weird that I would go on about a pseudo-archaeologist on a guitar forum. I was looking for a forum on the alien question and Google brought me here, to a thread on the alien question. Why there is an already existing thread on this topic in a guitar forum perhaps you can explain better than me, since you are already a member and I’m not.

I debunk the pseudo-archaeologists because they are deliberate charlatans without any credibility, in that they present no evidence whatsoever for their assertions, regardless of any authority, academic or otherwise, they may or may not possess.

I mention Von Danikken because he seems to be the head honcho of the aliens gang and I think it should be made clear that his statements have no validity precisely because he is a convicted fraudster. Seems relevant to bring up his convictions and imprisonments since he’s earning money by publishing books that make unsubstantiated claims. Look at his record: he’ll lie to make a buck, ergo, he’s still lying about this aliens bullshit.

There are much larger subjects built on fraud than ufo’s, that people accept without question. People are inclined to see what they want to see...and rarely ever self criticize.

It’s the people with no commercial agenda that intrigue me...it’s clear they believe what they saw. And what would motivate someone to draw that kind of attention for no gain, at the risk of social/occcupational repercussions?

As I said earlier, I believe most ufo sightings are of terrestrial origin...including the somewhat recent Nimitz sighting.

It’s possible he may be a charalatan in the Clifford Irving sense, but I don’t they all are just because of the subject matter.
People are motivated to make extraordinary claims for psychological reasons. Most are White Trash or otherwise “left behind” and they claim to have seen or met aliens as a way of validating their own pathetic existence.

People are motivated to make extraordinary claims for psychological reasons. Most are White Trash or otherwise “left behind” and they claim to have seen or met aliens as a way of validating their own pathetic existence.

While I like your enthusiasm in regard to combating pseudo science but isn't white trash a bit racist? ;) 😇 Not to mention condescending? Other cultures and skin colors don't have their equivalent of low life and morons too? And its not like smart well off to do people believe in aliens and alien visitation too.

Agreed, but there are scenarios that would explain that... but that would derail an already wide ranging topic.

On the alien side of the argument, I was always curious as to the locations of the early reports and why no seemed to be correlating them.... where was all of the weapons grade material in 1947, as an example? What did RAF bent water share with the previous answer? Same with Vandenberg? To me, there is no such thing as coincidence... so then what can we conclude by this correlation?
There is no correlation because the early reports were all hoaxes and frauds. Go to Area 51. It’s a tourist trap. Buy some souvenirs.

I’ll admit I’ve been tempted to set up a little forge in my backyard after a Forged In Fire marathon....

Looks hard, but also fun

All excellent examples of how we need to stop and re evaluate what we actually know...at least consider additional info even if to goes completely against your agenda (Egyptology). I would add the Antikythera Mechanism as well, a head scratcher on just How "primitive" our ancestors were. If they were significantly more advanced and better understood the power in nature than we do...would that not be "alien" to us?

The matrix theory is gaining traction... Nature, math/numbers and led zeppelin album covers show it everywhereo_O

Anytime I think I'm sure of what I know... I sit and ponder the double slit experiment...and eventually it reminds me to go clean my bong.
Makes me want go mess mine up.

There is no correlation because the early reports were all hoaxes and frauds. Go to Area 51. It’s a tourist trap. Buy some souvenirs.

Area 51 allows tourists? Has there been a policy change?

I suspect you meant Roswell (your google powers are slipping), which I’m sure does attract tourists but it holds no appeal with me...I’m not “that guy”.

I make no claim as to anything being legit or hoax (except Kennedy ), just that they should be considered.

But you make an interesting point....let’s say your correct and all the early sightings are hoax’s.... so then, we are to believe that some, still to this day unknown group chose to carry out these hoax’s specifically at or in very close proximity to military bases, on two continents. And not just any bases, but the only ones that housed the very limited number (9) nuclear weapons at the time...which did not become public knowledge until some 40 years later....? Those are some rather informed, ambitious and globetrotting Hoaxsters. If your going to create a ufo hoax wouldn’t you want to do it in populated area for maximum effect as opposed to the most sensitive military installations in the world at the time?

Perhaps you can enlighten me, since you know they were all hoax’s I assume your conclusive evidence also lead you to who perpetrated them as well.

This is a side forum where members discuss things not otherwise related to Fractal Audio product’s, not a specific conspiracy/ancient aliens forum that you were seeking. Casting racial aspersions is not exactly conducive to a productive discussion, on this or any topic.

Most, if not all, of Ancient Aliens is bunk. David Childress is the worst of the bunch. He spouts absolute nonsense.

https://www.ancientaliensdebunked.com/

The only show worth watching on History Channel is Forged in Fire.

The commentating on AA is pretty worthless , I'll admit that , but the video footage of some pretty amazing places ; that I never knew existed or had never seen up close before , is pretty fantastic - as far as I'm concerned. The most brilliant innovations throughout history have come to thought during periods in peoples lives when they were "thinking" , or perhaps stimulated - the least. Tesla comes to mind. Seems I remember reading you yourself have had some E- Cliffanies when quietly away from the shop. Makes me think these ancient civilizations were likely more intelligent than we are today in some ways. I know my cell phone has made me less intelligent. I used to know at least 20 phone numbers off the top of my head , years ago. ( I still remember those landline phone numbers - that no one uses anymore ) I'd be screwed if I were stranded today with only a payphone and 3 quarters.
I'll check out Forged in Fire.

The source of data is important, especially since numerous fraudsters have “seeded” archaeological sites in order to butress their contentions or to claim glory for their “discoveries”. A few of these fraudsters have been reputable academics, whereas every single talking head on Ancient Aliens is a complete amateur only in it for the money.

Back
Top Bottom