Ancient Aliens - History channel

I was watching this youtube guy....He went into some crazy ass explanation that Aliens are really Demons in disguise. And they will trick the masses into following the Anti Christ during the last days of man. I'll see if I can find it. He was going on and on about CERN....Cell phones. Government knowing all what is coming. It actually scared the shit of me. I need to play guitar more and watch youtube less .

There are certain religious groups who subscribe to the aliens=demons theory, I’d heard this one long before Youtube. Similarly, there are those who suggest that the Demiurge is actually tricking all of humanity. But you can see why these groups would be motivated to do so. Remember there was a time when the Tritone was considered heretic.

CERN is an interesting one as well. Many have tied it to the cause of Mandela effect going back to the LHC search for the Higgs in 2012....roughly coinciding with the Mayan clock. The “man exceeds his grasp” theory.

A buddy of mine pointed out that there can’t be Aliens because there is no way Potus wouldn’t have tweeted it:D. I would suggest that acts of 1913, and 1947 ensure that power, and in this case, knowledge (which is power) don’t reside with elected officials.

YouTube basically allows you to program your own “x files” series... including the occasional hilarious episode.
My leader in the clubhouse is the guy who swears that Jimmy Carter is actually JFK.

I graduated from Tech back in 92’, and I still follow the research being done there.
This audience might find the following interesting:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...ts-theres-no-such-thing-as-objective-reality/

Interesting read....

In Stephen Hawking/Leonard Mlodinow's book "The Grand Design" there is a chapter simply titled "What Is Reality?" where they embrace a "model-dependent realism" stance. It is pointless to ask whether a model/theory is 'real', only whether it agrees with our observations, which are filtered, limited, and processed by our senses/sensors and brains. It's only our reality, not the real reality (lol).

Model-dependent realism
also neatly avoids several other philosophical/existential questions regarding quantum strangeness, simplifies some other issues, etc. I found that way of thinking about the big picture was extremely clarifying and succinct.

I'm more inclined to think most of these sighting's are more inline with what the late great Ben Rich said when he hinted at what our actual level of technology is... and he did that in the nineties. There's a compelling argument for most of these things to be of terrestrial origin. Of course that begs the question of where/how did we obtain the knowledge?

I think so in many cases too, but I can't help think that if some government/terrestrial entity invented the technology and devices we are seeing they would have already taken advantage of that tech to subjugate the entire world. That's what humans do when they get a huge technological advantage (or even a minor one); they exploit it, they always have. Super advanced tech like that could never be contained/restrained by humans IMO. Somebody would use it to appropriate a continent and build golf courses and theme parks all over it....heh.

On the flip side, if we assume these are aliens flying around in their equivalent of a quad-runner the obvious questions are how did they get here and why do they do the things they do (fly around, taunt pilots, freak people out in cities, dangle advanced, awesome tech in front of our faces, and generally act all spooky and kinda 'idiotic')???

Strange stuff for sure...

Last edited:
I think so in many cases too, but I can't help think that if some government/terrestrial entity invented the technology and devices we are seeing they would have already taken advantage of that tech to subjugate the entire world. That's what humans do when they get a huge technological advantage (or even a minor one); they exploit it, they always have. Super advanced tech like that could never be contained/restrained by humans IMO. Somebody would use it to appropriate a continent and build golf courses and theme parks all over it....heh.

On the flip side, if we assume these are aliens flying around in their equivalent of a quad-runner the obvious questions are how did they get here and why do they do the things they do (fly around, taunt pilots, freak people out in cities, and generally act all spooky and kinda 'idiotic')???

Strange stuff for sure...

Agreed, but there are scenarios that would explain that... but that would derail an already wide ranging topic.

On the alien side of the argument, I was always curious as to the locations of the early reports and why no seemed to be correlating them.... where was all of the weapons grade material in 1947, as an example? What did RAF bent water share with the previous answer? Same with Vandenberg? To me, there is no such thing as coincidence... so then what can we conclude by this correlation?

Interesting read....

In Stephen Hawking/Leonard Mlodinow's book "The Grand Design" there is a chapter simply titled "What Is Reality?" where they embrace a "model-dependent realism" stance. It is pointless to ask whether a model/theory is 'real', only whether it agrees with our observations, which are filtered, limited, and processed by our senses/sensors and brains. It's only our reality, not the real reality (lol).

Model-dependent realism
also neatly avoids several other philosophical/existential questions regarding quantum strangeness, simplifies some other issues, etc. I found that way of thinking about the big picture was extremely clarifying and succinct.

I'm in the process of getting a very 'late-in-life' second masters in Machine Learning. Part of our required reading is a new book by Kurtzweil called 'How to create a mind'. In it, he breaks down how each sense is brought independently into the brain as nothing but electrical impulses where it's then collected and interpreted to form a hallucination we see as consciousness. When my hallucination and your hallucination agree with each other, we call that reality...

In it, he breaks down how each sense is brought independently into the brain as nothing but electrical impulses where it's then collected and interpreted to form a hallucination we see as consciousness. When my hallucination and your hallucination agree with each other, we call that reality...

Yes, exactly. Our individual 'reality' is simply the resultant output of electrical impulses sent by physiological sensors after being processed by our brain...a hallucination/subjective interpretation indeed, not any kind of objective 'realness'.

When my hallucination and your hallucination agree with each other, we call that reality..."

I like that...sums it all up neatly for sure. Works for me to answer the existential question "what is reality?"

On the alien side of the argument, I was always curious as to the locations of the early reports and why no seemed to be correlating them.... where was all of the weapons grade material in 1947, as an example? What did RAF bent water share with the previous answer? Same with Vandenberg? To me, there is no such thing as coincidence... so then what can we conclude by this correlation?

Yea, diving deeper into these mysteries/cases only raises more questions, makes conclusions elusive, and never provides answers...it's both frustrating and stimulating at the same time. There is some correlation for sightings/cases at high security/high tech installations but that only seems to deepen the mystery of why would they do that...what are they doing??

Yes, exactly. Our individual 'reality' is simply the resultant output of electrical impulses sent by physiological sensors after being processed by our brain...a hallucination/subjective interpretation indeed, not any kind of objective 'realness'.

I like that...sums it all up neatly for sure. Works for me to answer the existential question "what is reality?"
I'm in the process of getting a very 'late-in-life' second masters in Machine Learning. Part of our required reading is a new book by Kurtzweil called 'How to create a mind'. In it, he breaks down how each sense is brought independently into the brain as nothing but electrical impulses where it's then collected and interpreted to form a hallucination we see as consciousness. When my hallucination and your hallucination agree with each other, we call that reality...

You two should watch this interview of Stuart Hameroff, who worked with sir Roger Penrose on a theory called "Orch-Or", one of the most fascinating theories which try to unify relativity and quantum mechanics, but it also tries to include consciousness in that process and explain how conciousness is generated by our brain.
Really interesting stuff.

That's awesome that your getting a second masters, we should all be so driven...it's Cliff's drive that brought us here in the first place.

There are a number of excellent videos that demonstrate this very point in visual and auditory examples. There's also been some fascinating studies that show if you if you supply the brain with the overtone series, and remove the fundamental...the brain will generate the fundamental on it's own. The agreed upon hallucination equals reality isn't new, but it does make you think about those whose hallucination doesn't agree with the norm... we call those people mentally ill...you'd think we would be a little more understanding since we all do it...just not all exactly the same. Who remembers "what color is the dress" for example? Different hallucinations of the same thing. How each of us perceive tone is a hallucination...there was talk recently about Steve Vai's somewhat recent take on modeling and how that somehow disqualified him as being a "tone expert" to someone else... well of course he can't, no-one but you can be an expert on your tone, because your the one creating the hallucination.

Where it get's really really interesting is when you consider the data that gets into your head that isn't generated by your five sense's.

You two should watch this interview of Stuart Hameroff, who worked with sir Roger Penrose on a theory called "Orch-Or", one of the most fascinating theories which try to unify relativity and quantum mechanics, but it also tries to include consciousness in that process and explain how conciousness is generated by our brain.

Penrose's lectures on geometry are fascinating...I'll definitely give this a look, thanks for the link!

Here's a cool perspective from Professor Brian Cox. It really gave me a different perspective. Btw, he's an English physicist and Professor of Particle Physics in the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester in the UK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Paraphrasing) Times are not exact and are generalizations.

13 Billion years of time has passed for our galaxy.
Civilization has been around 40,000 years.
We've had science lets say for 500 years (Newton/Copernicus).

In 500 years we've walked on the Moon and gone beyond the solar system with Voyager. We're about to go to Mars I would think. That will probably lead to colonization of our own solar system.

All of that in 500+ years. Imagine the progress in 1 Million years. So if there is a civilization 1 million years ahead of us, you would think they would have written their presence across the sky by now.

If we survive even a few thousand years into the future we will be exploring the galaxy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a cool perspective from Professor Brian Cox. It really gave me a different perspective. Btw, he's an English physicist and Professor of Particle Physics in the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester in the UK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Paraphrasing) Times are not exact and are generalizations.

13 Billion years of time has passed for our galaxy.
Civilization has been around 40,000 years.
We've had science lets say for 500 years (Newton/Copernicus).

In 500 years we've walked on the Moon and gone beyond the solar system with Voyager. We're about to go to Mars I would think. That will probably lead to colonization of our own solar system.

All of that in 500+ years. Imagine the progress in 1 Million years. So if there is a civilization 1 million years ahead of us, you would think they would have written their presence across the sky by now.

If we survive even a few thousand years into the future we will be exploring the galaxy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wright brothers to Armstrong in 66 years..hell, just think about Wright brothers to Concorde.

My drummer and I often talk about playing the "in the future" game with our younger self's. If I could go back to 1984 and explain the AxeFX 3 to my 18 year old self, it would seem like "Gobbldygook", as some have so eloquently put it.

Penrose's lectures on geometry are fascinating...I'll definitely give this a look, thanks for the link!
If you want to dive deep I suggest his book "The emperor's new mind", even though it probably hasn't been updated with their new discoveries and ideas contained in their last paper (which you can find here)

If you want to dive deep I suggest his book "The emperor's new mind", even though it probably hasn't been updated with their new discoveries and ideas contained in their last paper (which you can find here)

Just skimming this, I can tell I'm going to enjoy it. And I told the wife I would paint the bathroom before she got back...

One of the smallest things we have observed (an atom) has a strange resemblance to one of the larger things we observe which is our solar system. Is it really so hard to believe there can also be a larger version of us out there somewhere?
Sometimes, I think it's the limits of our comprehension that blind us, then other times I believe it's the human ego not wanting to accept there is something much bigger than us out there.

That's awesome that your getting a second masters, we should all be so driven...it's Cliff's drive that brought us here in the first place.

There are a number of excellent videos that demonstrate this very point in visual and auditory examples. There's also been some fascinating studies that show if you if you supply the brain with the overtone series, and remove the fundamental...the brain will generate the fundamental on it's own. The agreed upon hallucination equals reality isn't new, but it does make you think about those whose hallucination doesn't agree with the norm... we call those people mentally ill...you'd think we would be a little more understanding since we all do it...just not all exactly the same. Who remembers "what color is the dress" for example? Different hallucinations of the same thing. How each of us perceive tone is a hallucination...there was talk recently about Steve Vai's somewhat recent take on modeling and how that somehow disqualified him as being a "tone expert" to someone else... well of course he can't, no-one but you can be an expert on your tone, because your the one creating the hallucination.

Where it get's really really interesting is when you consider the data that gets into your head that isn't generated by your five sense's.
Thank you, I will definitely check that out. If you have a channel or video you would recommend, please post; otherwise, I will follow my nose.

Thank you, I will certainly take a look when I free up.

Back
Top Bottom