Ancient Aliens - History channel

The massive tons of solid granite , moved hundreds of miles , brought down into underground tombs , cut with swiss watch laser precision ,.... 3000 years ago ? Multimeter readings of different voltages inside pyramids ? Placements of large stone sites , that seem to have some sort of geometric reasoning that coincides with other similar sites , miles away ? Understanding the reasoning for the layout of Washington DC , and on and on.... I think it's interesting. Fascinating actually. @Project Mayhem , your avatar .... is my favorite.
The show forces us to ask how and why ? I appreciate the fact that someone put the effort into producing the series. It allows me to see footage of actual archeological discoveries , worldwide , in an organized manner , that I otherwise wouldn't see.
@Tahoebrian5 , ....but the stone sites are real , and tangible. I don't know how or why ; nobody does for certain , but these places exist. Bigfoot and mermaids , probably not. lol.

Göbekli Tepe is even more fascinating. For pyramids there was at least a society and man power there to build it. The temple in Göbekli shouldn't exist at all. At that time there were only hunter gatherers there. It's against logic or against what we were taught from historians and archeologists. But we know only what we now before we learn something new. It's always good to learn existing theories, it's better than to know nothing. I'm more a fan of facts and arguments than of wild theories.

Reminds me of the fake documentary shows.. anyone here believe that mermaids are real?

What constitutes a “real” documentary? Are they not all Op-Ed pieces by definition?

I’m reminded of my Aunt who recently said she knows what happened to Jonbenet because she saw it in a “documentary”... or in other words because the TV told her so...

It’s estimated that 6.5 million people in this country believe the earth is flat... largely because of “documentaries”. I won’t even mention 9/11

Many people staunchly believe in things with zero evidence to support, can’t see why mermaids would be any different...so no doubt someone does.

Göbekli Tepe is even more fascinating. For pyramids there was at least a society and man power there to build it. The temple in Göbekli shouldn't exist at all. At that time there were only hunter gatherers there. It's against logic or against what we were taught from historians and archeologists. But we know only what we now before we learn something new. It's always good to learn existing theories, it's better than to know nothing. I'm more a fan of facts and arguments than of wild theories.

History is in a constant state of revision. Our mistake is “knowing”. Just like at one point we “knew” the sun revolved around the earth. Consider gobekli Tepe, and the Chauvet cave (mind blowing) were only discovered in the 90’s.... Perhaps we didn’t have enough data when we drew the conclusion about hunter gatherers? Who knows what else we haven’t discovered yet that will cause us to reevaluate our current knowledge.

@Project Mayhem[/USER] , your avatar .... is my favorite.

Yeah the Petrucci is nice. I suspect some would prefer my les Paul, PRS, or Strat which have more top end...
But I always prefer a more balanced low end.

There a number of cool avatars here but I think @2112 wins as he’s the only one I’ve seen with a seated portrait. We should do an avatar bracket for March madness....of course @FractalAudio would win...but Leon should make the final four on originality alone.

History is in a constant state of revision. Our mistake is “knowing”. Just like at one point we “knew” the sun revolved around the earth. Consider gobekli Tepe, and the Chauvet cave (mind blowing) were only discovered in the 90’s.... Perhaps we didn’t have enough data when we drew the conclusion about hunter gatherers? Who knows what else we haven’t discovered yet that will cause us to reevaluate our current knowledge.

You're absolutely right except about that "knowing" is a mistake, although we have a bunch of bad examples...Sure we know only what is yet discovered. Not everything is wrong, a lot of knowledge will survive the test of time. The fact that hunter-gatherers existed probably won't change, only the date when societies emerged could however. Discoveries are often based on existing knowledge and aren't necessarily a paradigm shift. It's better to start somewhere than to reinvent the wheel. New archeological sites will be unearthed and exciting things that lie under our feet will surely see the daylight in the coming years. My bet is on something in the Black See region, more precisely - under water.

Arrogance is the enemy of learning. I was taught not to just blindly believe in what I was told... Learning from observation and reasoning/logic has helped me immensely. I believe in a Universe that has billions of stars w/billions and billions of planets, chance/probability would lead me to believe that there is intelligent life somewhere and that we may have already encountered it in human history...

I do laugh when their conclusion for everything is aliens, and there are some pretty crazy theories out there. But at the same time, I find it very hard to believe that all of these massive structures around the world - many of which seem to have the same proportions, style of stonework, etc - were built by supposedly primitive cultures thousands of years ago using hand tools. There are so many places, and so much ancient knowledge - for example how did cultures like Sumeria or the Dogon tribe know things about the stars and planets that we only discovered in the 20th century? It seems pretty clear to me that *something* else happened that our history doesn't know about, or won't discuss.

Always fascinating to lean that ancient aliens loved stone rather than 3-D printed graphene, bio-concrete, carbon fiber, bio-plastics, hollow carbon tubes an other Star Trek like future materials. Maybe they enjoyed a challenge and wanted a retro look rather than using something modern.

Lots of very interesting stuff concerning Egypt and the ancient past. Things like the further we go back in time, the more accurate the stone cutting is. Certainly no civilization starts at the apex of its technology. Chapter 6 of the bible is interesting...Erich von Däniken bases his ancient alien theory from this text, at least in part. I think the ancient alien thing is hyped more than tube amp technology, but when we consider things like perfectly symmetrical faces... carved from granite, serious issues between Egyptian and biblical timelines...serious time line issues between the Septuagint and Masoretic text...water erosion on the sphinx, I think we have to at least consider the possibility of antediluvian or pre-Egyptian civilizations that had a technology that surpassed the bronze age and Egyptian abilities. This would significantly change our understanding of who we are and where we came from.

Then you got that whole reality is simulation thing, pixelated time, and the fact that the roughly 4 percent of atomistic matter, of which everything we know is made, is 99.9 percent nothing.

Ahhh, the genius behind the concept of "Shut up and play yer guitar".

Lots of very interesting stuff concerning Egypt and the ancient past. Things like the further we go back in time, the more accurate the stone cutting is. Certainly no civilization starts at the apex of its technology. Chapter 6 of the bible is interesting...Erich von Däniken bases his ancient alien theory from this text, at least in part. I think the ancient alien thing is hyped more than tube amp technology, but when we consider things like perfectly symmetrical faces... carved from granite, serious issues between Egyptian and biblical timelines...serious time line issues between the Septuagint and Masoretic text...water erosion on the sphinx, I think we have to at least consider the possibility of antediluvian or pre-Egyptian civilizations that had a technology that surpassed the bronze age and Egyptian abilities. This would significantly change our understanding of who we are and where we came from.

Then you got that whole reality is simulation thing, pixelated time, and the fact that the roughly 4 percent of atomistic matter, of which everything we know is made, is 99.9 percent nothing.

Ahhh, the genius behind the concept of "Shut up and play yer guitar".

All excellent examples of how we need to stop and re evaluate what we actually know...at least consider additional info even if to goes completely against your agenda (Egyptology). I would add the Antikythera Mechanism as well, a head scratcher on just How "primitive" our ancestors were. If they were significantly more advanced and better understood the power in nature than we do...would that not be "alien" to us?

The matrix theory is gaining traction... Nature, math/numbers and led zeppelin album covers show it everywhereo_O

Anytime I think I'm sure of what I know... I sit and ponder the double slit experiment...and eventually it reminds me to go clean my bong.

All excellent examples of how we need to stop and re evaluate what we actually know...at least consider additional info even if to goes completely against your agenda (Egyptology). I would add the Antikythera Mechanism as well, a head scratcher on just How "primitive" our ancestors were. If they were significantly more advanced and better understood the power in nature than we do...would that not be "alien" to us?

The matrix theory is gaining traction... Nature, math/numbers and led zeppelin album covers show it everywhereo_O

Anytime I think I'm sure of what I know... I sit and ponder the double slit experiment...and eventually it reminds me to go clean my bong.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a22280/double-slit-experiment-even-weirder/

Yeh, the whole delayed action thing. Perhaps time does stand still and it is only our consciousness that changes.There is a pretty good documentary here. Its been around for a while but it's good. Idealism over materialism is counter intuitive to say the least. You know, if physical matter only happens when someone is conscious of it, who was conscious before there was any matter at all? And what were they made of? Its a rhetorical question...

For those interested, these are some really good documentaries on how we got to the state of quantum bamfuddlement we find ourselves in. This is the first one and should lead you to the rest of them, I think there are 3 or 4.

"I firmly believe we have an unlimited capacity to learn...but I'm guessing we have a limit on what we can comprehend."

Yeh, I gonna have to steal this...
Added to my "educated beyond your intelligence level" comment. For those times when I intellectualize myself into the corner of a round room.

Back
Top Bottom